View Full Version : How to upgrade SMT5600 to WM5?

MitzEclipse
11-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi All,
I've seen some posts here and on modaco, even someone in the BST forum has a SMT5600 w/ WM5... how can I upgrade my phone to WM5?

I have the AT&T Version of the SMT5600 and I unlocked it via c500-unlock.com about a year and some months ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rocco Augusto
11-26-2005, 01:56 AM
Technically there was no official WM5 release for the Typhoon handsets so I do not know if anyone will answer this question for you (legal issues).

Google might be your friend here.

-opti-

wardseward
12-08-2005, 08:49 PM
it would be nice though. :?

Sven Johannsen
12-08-2005, 10:15 PM
it would be nice though. :?

Be careful what you wish for. Look at all the folks with upgraded Dell X50vs.

What do you think you would get out of a WM5 SMT5600? I'm curious.

encece
12-09-2005, 03:49 AM
People have definitely updated their device to WM5. But it's plagued with issues and very buggy. Look on XDA-Developers.com

There is plenty of documentation there. Be careful you dont turn your device into a brick and make sure you read up on how to downgrade it back.

Rocco Augusto
12-09-2005, 10:56 PM
People have definitely updated their device to WM5. But it's plagued with issues and very buggy. Look on XDA-Developers.com

There is plenty of documentation there. Be careful you dont turn your device into a brick and make sure you read up on how to downgrade it back.

i was able to come accross a test build of the 5600 with wm5 on it. i dont find it buggy at all. the only real problem with it is that the picture and video quality are horrible and there are no ways to adjust the settings.

there is no mms but i use email anyways. battery life is great. startup is quick. all in all its pretty solid.

as far as helping you flash your phone though, that is illegal so you prolly wont find help or on modaco. i know on modaco if you even mention the 5600 with wm5 the thread usually gets closed