View Full Version : Intellisync to be Acquired by Nokia

Jerry Raia
11-17-2005, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8DTKO404.htm?campaign_id=apn_tech_down&chan=tc' target='_blank'>http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8DTKO404.htm?campaign_id=apn_tech_down&chan=tc</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Intellisync Corp. on Wednesday said it agreed to be acquired by Nokia Corp., the world's top cell-phone maker, for about $430 million. Under the deal, Nokia will pay stockholders $5.25 for each Intellisync share, a 5 percent discount to its Tuesday closing price of $5.54."</i><br /><br />I have the same question Ed Hansberry over on the Pocket PC side has. What will become of the applications Intellisync makes for us users now that they will probably be swallowed up?

Mike Temporale
11-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Didn't Nokia already license Microsoft's Exchange Push Email technology? So why do they need another? :?

Jerry Raia
11-18-2005, 02:34 AM
They want to corner the market? :lol:

Stinger
11-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Push e-mail is like Pokemon - you've gotta collect 'em all!

If you read the marketing blurb from Nokia's new E-series range, it appears like the range will ship with Blackberry, MS Exchange, their own solution and various other products. I can only see this confusing the consumer.

sojourner753
11-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Push e-mail is like Pokemon - you've gotta collect 'em all!

If you read the marketing blurb from Nokia's new E-series range, it appears like the range will ship with Blackberry, MS Exchange, their own solution and various other products. I can only see this confusing the consumer.

I think their strategy is to not leave out any potential customer that already has some kind of push email solution. With this strategy, if you go Nokia, you don't have to change your existing infrastructure.

If you have nothing, then you can pick what you want. Especially when some of the solutions have pretty big mind share. Most enterprises have atleast heard of blackberry, and most enterprises probably use exchange.