View Full Version : Question about Calendar month view Audiovox 5600

gbpbacker
11-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi,

I tried a search with no luck, so I hope this hasn't been asked before. I was hoping to find a way to have some sort of icons show in the calendar (especially the month view).

I recently switched from a Palm phone to this one. With the Palm I could use Agendus or DateBK and be able to assign icons to events that would show me at a glance what kind of "event" was on a date without having to open the specific date on the calendar.

I tried Pocket Informant, which was supposed to do this for Windows Mobile Smartphones, but it didn't work, because there's no stylus input on this phone.

Anyone know of anything else available to do this?

TIA,

Cindi

Mike Temporale
11-17-2005, 09:27 PM
Pocket Informant is for Pocket PC based devices - as you found out.

The default calendar is pretty limited on the Smartphone - unfortunately. Most of us run Papyrus on our devices. It's a great replacement for the built in calendar. You can find a copy here --> http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1085

There is also a calendar replacement available from DeveloperOne, but I don't think they show category icons, or have a monthly view.

gbpbacker
11-17-2005, 10:08 PM
I've downloaded the trial version to try it out. It looks like it's exactly what I was looking for!

:werenotworthy:

Cindi

Mike Temporale
11-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Glad you like it! All of us do. ;)

encece
11-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Not me! ;) I like power calendar.

Mike Temporale
11-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Not me! ;) I like power calendar.

Really? That's the DeveloperOne version, right? Have they added a monthly view? I know they didn't have it for the longest time.

encece
11-18-2005, 03:13 AM
Not that I know of.

Actually...I cant say that PowerCalender is my favorite anymore. My favorite view was the weekly agenda. I had not much use for the rest, though I plan on categorizing my calendar one day and other views may be of better use to me then. But since my favorite view is the weekly agenda...facade has taken over that role and I removed PowerCalendar from my device.

I have tried papyrus before and it's really nice. It does have more features than PowerCalendar, but like I said...I didnt need them at the time....but maybe I will give it another try.