View Full Version : ROM update for non-US MPX-220 phone?

potxoli
11-07-2005, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

just got a MPX-220 unlocked off of ebay. It works great, but I do have volume issues. It appears to have been a brand new german phone. Settings->About shows manufacture version 1.150.0.0

I downloaded the 1.43 from motorola.com, but it won't install telling me the phone is up to date. I guess this happens since it is not a US phone. Can I force it somehow? Or is there a german ROM update?

Thanks,

-Eric

Jerry Raia
11-07-2005, 06:22 PM
Not sure about a German version but I know there were a lot of regional versions floating around out there that people were trying. Hopefully someone here who knows of one will post.

Welcome to the board :)

potxoli
11-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did a search for this, but haven't had much luck...

Sven Johannsen
11-07-2005, 07:53 PM
OK, YMMV, read up before you dive in, I'm not responsible for what you do with the info, assorted other disclaimers.

http://www.surrealnetworks.com/dl_showsub.asp?cat_id=9&cat=MPx220

Really, there is tons of good info on the forums here as well as some options for folks like you and me that aren't being supported directly. You'll have to register to download. Maybe all you need is the offline updater under ROM Updates.

I've run some of the Asian ROMS and they are quite interesting in what they provide beyond what you get here (US, Motorola), but they aren't all that stable IMHO. I can play because the MPX isn't my primary phone. What you do is up to you.

potxoli
11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
wowo thank you! Can't wait to go home and play :) I have another phone handy if I need it

Jerry Raia
11-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Let us know how you make out! :)

potxoli
11-09-2005, 12:12 AM
Well I installed the 1.43 generic with the uploader available at the same link. Worked like a charm in terms of install. Not a great deal of visible change, but my BT headset does seem louder as does the phone ringer which were my biggest problems.

So thanks everyone!

Jerry Raia
11-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Glad to hear you got a postitive result. :)

Sven Johannsen
11-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Glad to hear you got a postitive result. :)
So am I ;)