View Full Version : My New (hx6515) Mobile Messenger

Jerry Raia
11-05-2005, 06:36 PM
I now live in both worlds, the Smartphone world and the Pocket PC Phone world! I really like the 6515 so far. Yes I know WM2005 won't be available for it. I really was getting tired of looking for hotspots with my 4705 and there were times using that tiny pad on my 5600 to do things was making me nuts.

Some observations so far:

The thumb board is not as wonderful to use as I thought. I find myself using the soft keyboards quite often, especially if the unit is on its stand. I'll keep working with it though.

For making calls I miss the total one handed operation of a Smartphone. For example, I find a number in contacts one handed, but then I have to tap on the number in the contact with the stylus to dial it! I can't select it with the joystick at least not in Agenda Fusion.

Not all the software I like runs well on the square screen although most vendors either have updated versions here now or on the way so that is a small issue.

What I really like is the built in GPS, the Bluetooth with all the profiles that I want there, no crippling! I'll post more as I think of it. Don't worry, I'll have the 6700 (WM2005) in my hands when it comes out as well as the next Smartphone, I haven't decided which one yet. :D

Mike Temporale
11-05-2005, 07:45 PM
That's a pretty nice device. It doesn't do WiFi, right? If I recall correctly, that was the biggest issue I had with it.

So what did you do about service? Are you busy swapping SIMs? Did you clone yours? or did you just sign up for another service?

Jerry Raia
11-05-2005, 07:51 PM
No WiFi but now I don't really need it. GPRS/EDGE is fast enough for my needs. I have 2 numbers :)

Kris Kumar
11-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Jerry..how could you. :-(

I always wanted to see a side by side. How about a front page post on comparisons, differences, and what's-still-missing. :-)

Jerry Raia
11-08-2005, 05:20 AM
Oh I haven't totally crossed to the dark side! That is a good idea though now that I live in both worlds. I will be comparing the two.

sojourner753
11-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Oh I haven't totally crossed to the dark side! That is a good idea though now that I live in both worlds. I will be comparing the two.

I think this is a sign of things to come. Jason can't stop the tide. 8O
The Smartphone laying down with the lamb... er Phone Edition. :wink:

Anyway, I've been using my Eten m500 for several months now. I do with the stability of my 5600. Ok... ok... you're onto me. I really miss the screen of my Toshiba e830 and carrying that again would mean that I would also carry my 5600 again.

The Eten is great though. I'm satisfied and happy. :D