View Full Version : ROM UPdate for SMT5600 coming soon?

jerrydnorton
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Cingular tech support and I have been chasing a couple of bugs in this phone. The guy at Cingular said that HTC/Audiovox appears to be preparing a ROM update for the SMT 5600.

Do any of you have any more information?

By the way, the 2 bugs are: Bluetooth won't find Motorola HS805 and INternet Explorer cache not working.

Thanks,
Jerry

Duddy
11-04-2005, 12:10 AM
I am about to start working for Cingular next week. If I find anything out I'll let ya'll know.

Mike Temporale
11-04-2005, 02:22 AM
We haven't heard anything. It seems like an odd time to release an update. Given that the current model is about to be replaced and all. :? Let us know what you guys find out! 8)

Jerry Raia
11-06-2005, 05:40 AM
I would be suprised if they did come out with a ROM update.

Sven Johannsen
11-07-2005, 06:44 AM
I would be suprised if they did come out with a ROM update.Well, lets hope you are shocked and awed then. ;)

All I really want is for them to provide an auto key lock (just the anti-unintentional press one, not the password one), and make the BT work with my car kit. Other than that, I don't really have any complaints.

Jerry Raia
11-07-2005, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one :)

Rocco Augusto
11-10-2005, 09:46 PM
i work for cingular and i havent heard anything about it. it wouldnt suprise me though, they are about to launch some PTT (push to talk, think nextel) phones that use the kodiak ptt software. im not sure how hard it would be to add that software to a smartphone/pocket pc but they are about to give the whole ptt system a huge push and this would be benificial to smartphone users

wazmo
11-27-2005, 04:19 AM
I got no problems with my Cingular-branded SMT5600 pairing with the Moto HS805.

Sven Johannsen
11-28-2005, 06:27 AM
I got no problems with my Cingular-branded SMT5600 pairing with the Moto HS805.

I don't have any problems with any of the headsets I've tried it with. Just the built-in, integrated into the sound system, dealer installed, BT handsfree kit in the car it won't work with. :evil: Neither does my MPX220. Razr, T610, Jasjar, K-Jam all work fine with it.

me
12-02-2005, 09:17 PM
If they do come out with such an update, will it work on non-Cingular-branded SMT-5600s, for instance units that were originally ATT-branded, that have been application and carrier-unlocked?

zeke009
12-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Did they give you any insight to the ROM version that might be? I am in the process of doing a warranty replacement on my SMT5600 which was an ATTWS (unbranded) phone for a Cingular branded phone.

So far, I am liking the Cingular branded one allot more than my previous unlocked 5600.

I posted the ROM versions in this thread: http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62710#62710

My old phone came back to life and I grabbed the ROM versions from it last night.

Mike Temporale
12-16-2005, 04:09 PM
Zeke, I think the ROM differences you are seeing are nothing more than the changes that Cingular put in there after the merge. Just a guess.

zeke009
12-16-2005, 05:52 PM
quite possibly Mike. But I can tell you that the difference between the ATTWS and Cingular ROMs/5600's is very welcome!

My speakerphone finally works, one thing I am very happy to see! Even though my old smt5600 came back to life, I don't want it! I'll keep the replacement because it really is a much better phone then what I had and they are the same model.

I think I'm just still amazed that my dealings with Cingular were so easy and effortless and happy to have a functioning phone!!

boyzsNblue
12-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Has anyone out there had there smt5600 give them a "cprog.exe" error. If you turn the phone on/off multi times somewhere around the 15-20 time when it does power up it will stay on the mobile operator screen for about 5-10 minutes and then the phone goes to the home screen. At this point you have no cell signal, the start button will not work, the contacts button will not work. In order to get the phone back on-line you have to flash the rom. I am running a unreleased version of WM5. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
Pete :D :)

Sven Johannsen
12-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I am running a unreleased version of WM5. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Don't run unauthorized versions :?: Or, on the off chance that this is an authorized beta/test build from someone, get with whoever supplied it.

me
12-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Does installing the Cingular ROM on an unlocked ATTW SMT5600 lock the phone back to Cingular? Does it add Cingular branding, etc.?

I am using my unlocked SMT5600 on T-Mobile USA, and I wouldn't want to do that ROM upgrade, if it turns it to a Cingular phone? But if it improves the functioning of my unlocked phone, that would be great.

Could anyone give some insight into this?

Did they give you any insight to the ROM version that might be? I am in the process of doing a warranty replacement on my SMT5600 which was an ATTWS (unbranded) phone for a Cingular branded phone.

So far, I am liking the Cingular branded one allot more than my previous unlocked 5600.

I posted the ROM versions in this thread: http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=62710#62710

My old phone came back to life and I grabbed the ROM versions from it last night.

stumpy
01-04-2006, 09:50 AM
If you install the Cingular Rom you can also unlock it again. Anyway I have bugged customer service about my problems with my phone that now they are sending me a 2125. :D