View Full Version : JasJar Remote Wipe Video/Commercial

Jerry Raia
11-03-2005, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/_assets/video/TechEd/Final-MobilityV7-300K.wvx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/_assets/video/TechEd/Final-MobilityV7-300K.wvx</a><br /><br /></div>This is a bit of long and strange way to make a point but did give me a chuckle. Follow the link to the video. :)

Mike Temporale
11-03-2005, 02:24 AM
Cute video.

What worries me, is that once the device was reset it appears to allow full access to the device. Sure it's clean and there is nothing on it, but now the theif has a perfectly good device. I think after the wipe it should be locked with a system password that the admin sets. Then the device would be totally worthless.

Kris Kumar
11-03-2005, 02:57 AM
Good point Mike.

I was surprised that guy who found the device in the cab fiddles with it when it was asking for the PIN. But once it was reset, and was asking the basic setup stuff (align screen), he lost interest and handed over the phone to the driver. :?

For you and me, $300-$500 that we paid for the device matters most. But I am guessing that for the corporate world, they just want their sensitive data wiped off the device. And are happy with that little feature.

keirmeister
11-03-2005, 03:19 AM
I picked up on that too. I was like, they wiped the data, now you got a hard-resetted JasJar to use...and you give it to the cabbie?!?

$300-$500...more like $1000+ :wink:

- Keirmeister

Mike Temporale
11-03-2005, 03:22 AM
And now that it's been reset, there is no information displayed about where the device should be sent if it's found. 8O I think Microsoft needs to tidy up the post wipe experience a little.

Kris Kumar
11-03-2005, 03:51 AM
And now that it's been reset, there is no information displayed about where the device should be sent if it's found. 8O I think Microsoft needs to tidy up the post wipe experience a little.

Mike you are on a roll here. I like this last idea even more. Show the owner or return info. Pretty cool. 8) Too bad Microsoft didn't have you on board when they designed this feature.

Darius Wey
11-03-2005, 04:21 AM
When I first saw this video at MEDC, I had the exact same thought.

Just know that somewhere in the States, there's a cabbie with a brand-spankin' new JASJAR on his dashboard (probably being used for Solitaire and nothing else). 8)

Jerry Raia
11-03-2005, 10:08 AM
I think it should just fizzle and melt like the tapes in the old Mission Impossible series :)

Soyale
11-08-2005, 07:33 PM
The thing that always makes me laugh about this video - and I had to watch it a LOT during the MEDC World Tour so I know this one has legs - is that I believe the Sharks are a hockey team. 21 points down ... now THAT's a taking beating.

Jerry Raia
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Good point, I don't think that many points are scored in total for an entire hockey season! :lol: