View Full Version : Duplicate Smartphone Notes!

me
10-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Using an Audiovox SMT5600 Smartphone, WM2003. As the OS does not come with the Notes function of Outlook (the PPC version does, but the Smartphone does not) (I sure hope that is remedied in the 2005 version of the Smartphone OS), I use the 3rd party add-on "Smartphone Notes".

Normally it syncs fine with ActiveSync. But yesterday, after syncing, all the notes on the Smartphone (I have many) are duplicated.

Anyone know what could have caused this?

Also, is there a way to remove all duplicates (on the Smartphone), other than deleting each manually, one at a time?

Mike Temporale
10-21-2005, 06:30 PM
(I sure hope that is remedied in the 2005 version of the Smartphone OS)

In all the early reviews we've seen on the 'net, I don't think I've seen mention of Notes finally being included. Don't get your hopes up too high. :(

Sven Johannsen
10-21-2005, 08:28 PM
If you haven't added a bunch of applications and done a ton of personal configuration, you could hard reset your phone and re-partner it.

Don't take this as gospel until someone confirms it, but I think you could create a folder under Notes in Outlook and drag all your notes to it. That would delete the associated notes on the phone since folders aren't supported. If any are left on the phone, delete them, and then drag the notes back out of the folder in Outlook.

me
10-21-2005, 09:28 PM
If you haven't added a bunch of applications and done a ton of personal configuration, you could hard reset your phone and re-partner it.

I've done tons of configuration and added lots of apps. I wouldn't want to do that!

If I delete those two .dat files from Smartphone profile in Activesync, and choose the "replace items on device with those on computer" when I sync, would that do it?

Sven Johannsen
10-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Actually I don't think you need to hack anything. I think you should be able to just turn off notes sync, sync, and then turn it back on. It should prompt you if you want to merge (no) or replace the stuff on your phone with what is on the desktop. Hadn't thought about this before.

I can try this this evening if I remeber. The phone I have on me doesn't have notes syncing set up. The one at home I plan to reflash anyway, so messing with it is no big deal. I can always save the current notes to a pst to protect them.

me
10-25-2005, 06:50 AM
Actually I don't think you need to hack anything. I think you should be able to just turn off notes sync, sync, and then turn it back on. It should prompt you if you want to merge (no) or replace the stuff on your phone with what is on the desktop. Hadn't thought about this before.

I can try this this evening if I remeber. The phone I have on me doesn't have notes syncing set up. The one at home I plan to reflash anyway, so messing with it is no big deal. I can always save the current notes to a pst to protect them.

Did you try it? Did that work?

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
10-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Nope, forgot al about it. I'll send myself an e-mail to remind myself.

Sven Johannsen
10-26-2005, 02:00 AM
Well just turning off notes sync and back on didn't do it. It just sync'd like nothing happenned. I did delete my MPX partnership altogether and then connected it back up. I then did get the option to combine or overwrite the MPX with the PC data. If the PC is still right, that might be an option.