View Full Version : SMT5600 wireless e-mail sync locking up

rogerdavis
10-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Lately my smt5600 has been getting stuck on either connecting to or disconnecting from my Comcast e-mail account. The only remedy is to pull the battery. Once the phone power cycles, everything is great for the first check of the e-mail server. Subsequent synchronizations will lock up again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I should mention that I've had this phone for quite a while now and only in the last month has this problem started. The rest of my phone functions normally through this problem. My computers are still receiving e-mail from this same Comcast account.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Roger

Mike Temporale
10-13-2005, 02:07 AM
Couple of random thoughts:

Have you installed any programs recently?
Is the memory on your device full?
Is there a large email attachment that might be trying to get pushed down?

rogerdavis
10-13-2005, 02:29 AM
Couple of random thoughts:

Have you installed any programs recently?
Is the memory on your device full?
Is there a large email attachment that might be trying to get pushed down?

Good questions and thanks for the quick reply.

No new programs.
I clear my memory every day or so. When I do, I usually have at least 5,000KB available prior to doing so.
It doesn't seem to be attachment related because if I power cycle the phone the mail comes through pretty quickly.

Mike Temporale
10-13-2005, 01:50 PM
alright...

What applications do you have running on Startup?

rogerdavis
10-13-2005, 02:31 PM
None that I am aware of. Is it as simple as looking for what is running in the task manager after startup?

Mike Temporale
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
No, not everything shows up there. Some programs like Facade have had problems where they locked up the device in situations where you wouldn't expect it. That's kind of what I'm thinking is happening here. It's just a guess.

In the task manager, you can check system info (under the menu/system info) and it will tell you how much storage space you have available. Try keeping an eye on that. Maybe something is running that is filling up your storage memory on the phone (not storage card, but the physical memory on the phone), like a RSS reader or something.

rogerdavis
10-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks for the advice.