View Full Version : New Website For Customizing Your Smartphone - Nectun.com

Mike Temporale
10-12-2005, 04:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.nectun.com/index.php?id_menu=1&lang=en' target='_blank'>http://www.nectun.com/index.php?id_menu=1&lang=en</a><br /><br /></div>Nectun has a collection of free skins and ringtones for your Smartphone. You can pick from skins for various different things like your Homescreen, Windows Media Player, xbar, and more. I've already snagged a number of the ringtones, especially the beeps and chirps. I'm always on the look out for better notification sounds. :)<br /><br />Nectun is a French website, but you can use their English version (which only converts the buttons and images and doesn't convert any of the news and how-to articles :( ) or you can browse the site using a language conversion tool like <a href="http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=fr_en&amp;url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nectun.com%2Findex.php%3Fid_menu%3D1%26lang%3Den">Bable Fish.</a> 8)

Jerry Raia
10-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Great looking site!

dbob
10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Found some nice ring tones - pushed download icon - but couldn't figure out how to download.

Please help. :oops:

Mike Temporale
10-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Found some nice ring tones - pushed download icon - but couldn't figure out how to download.

Please help. :oops:

right click on the download icon, and select Save As. 8)

Noisette
10-13-2005, 07:33 AM
Hello everybody !
Thank you so much for your appreciations ;-)
Nectun is not in english for the moment...
some words have been translated, but as you can imagine, we are working very hard for the beginning and we will be able to propose to you a completely bilingual site in the next days. Don't be afraid I'm not alone to translate it, my english is quite bad. Thank you to Jamma to help me ;-)

egads
10-13-2005, 12:44 PM
It's nice to see a place with some ring tones you can download.
I wish there were more basic type rings tones though. I prefer ringing type tones over the music based type. Does anyone know of another web site that has ring tones you can download for free?

Mike Temporale
10-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Hi Noisette,

No need to apologize for your English, it's pretty good.

Some of the ringtones I downloaded won't show up when try to use them for email notifications? But they do show up as an option for Ringtones. Any idea's what's going on with that? Anyone?

Noisette
10-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Well I asked to the nectun team and we don't understand the problem.
Have you tried to convert them from mp3 to wav ? If not, try and tell me ;-)

There is a big news on the website !!

In Nectun.com, you will find tones, wallpapers, homescreens, plugins and since today... all those universes are also available por pockets PC and for C600 smartphones.

We are always working on the english version, come and see, and if there are mistakes, please tell us ;-)

Many thanks

Kingsfan
11-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Are these compatible with the SMT5600? Or are these just for Orange phones. (Text etc...)

Mike Temporale
11-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Are these compatible with the SMT5600? Or are these just for Orange phones. (Text etc...)

They're good for all devices. If you have a 5600 you'll want to grab a skin from the C500 type devices. The C600 would have a QVGA screen, so the skin won't work right. ;)

Kingsfan
11-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks Mike,
Now, my next question.
I downloaded a home skin, but I'm not sure where to put it?

The wallpapers are working out great!

Mike Temporale
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
It should go in the same folder as the wallpaper.

\Storage\Application Data\Home\ (From memory - so I could be a little off ;) )

Kingsfan
11-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks Mike,
I tried placing it there, but still can't see it. I can see the wallpapers fine, however.
I searched under "home screen layout" as well as the other options under HOME SCREEN

Mike Temporale
11-08-2005, 10:48 PM
What type of home screen is it - XML, HME, or CAB?

Kingsfan
11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
.hme

I also noticed that the site does not display english text for their skins.
So if I load these skins to my phone, will they be in a diff. language?

Jerry Raia
11-09-2005, 12:17 AM
You have to execute the .hme file to install the theme.

Kingsfan
11-09-2005, 12:35 AM
Thanks Jerry,
How would I go about executing it? What do I open it with? and will there be english text?

Jerry Raia
11-09-2005, 01:08 AM
Open your file manager program and navigate to it, then just click on it. Some are not in English. You might want to save a copy of the .hme file on your PC because once you execute it on the phone it will disappear from there.

Kingsfan
11-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Hello there again,
OK, yes I'm dumb and I do not know what type of File Management program to use. Could you please give me an example of one?

Jerry Raia
11-09-2005, 01:34 AM
Sure you have one built in. Just press the "Start" button and scroll down with the "9" key if you need to until you see it. It might be in the Accessories area. I can't remember because on my phone I have moved a lot of the shortcuts around. Once you start it its very similar Windows Explorer. Any more questions just ask! :)

Kingsfan
11-09-2005, 01:51 AM
GOT IT THANKS!!!

Jerry Raia
11-09-2005, 02:06 AM
Outstanding! :D

Noisette
11-09-2005, 06:42 AM
Hello everybody ;-)
I'm very happy to see that smartphone thougts help visitors to install our homescreens : very good ;-) :-)

I will start a training to improove my english very soon, so when you'll have some questions about our homescreens, I'll be able to help you using them ;-)

If you have any request, do no hesitate to ask us : we try to do an international site, so thanks to tell us when something is wrong with english version. To help you using all programms on the website, we are translating the helping zone, it will be ok very soon ;-)