View Full Version : ARGGGGGGGG! I need a new phone!

xultar
10-10-2005, 10:06 PM
What is the problem. Why isn't Cingular on the ball. Where are the new WM2k5 phones!!!!!!

Mike Temporale
10-11-2005, 01:35 AM
What is the problem. Why isn't Cingular on the ball. Where are the new WM2k5 phones!!!!!!

They can't be much longer... Well, I hope they can't. I've seen some people getting delivery of their new SP5's. So I would expect that the carriers are following up shortly. I hope. :?

Sven Johannsen
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Where are the new WM2k5 phones!!!!!!
In the US they'll be out in 2k6 :roll:

xultar
10-12-2005, 12:11 AM

OMFG...

Why do US carriers SUX so BAD. OH MY GOD! Can't they get the new devices test and get them to market in under 2.5 yrs. By the time Cingular gets the new WM 2k5 devices I'll be to sick of hearing about them to care.
:evil:

Kris Kumar
10-12-2005, 03:06 AM
Let me join you guys....

ARGGGGGGGG! I need a new phone! :lol:

I am very tempted to pull the trigger on eXpansys. Trying hard to save money. But if a carrier doesn't launch a WM5 Smartphone by xmas I will definitely buy an i-mate.

ARW
10-12-2005, 03:16 AM

OMFG...

Why do US carriers SUX so BAD. OH MY GOD! Can't they get the new devices test and get them to market in under 2.5 yrs. By the time Cingular gets the new WM 2k5 devices I'll be to sick of hearing about them to care.
:evil:

Just be thankful you're not tied to VZW. They're much worse than Cingular.

Sven Johannsen
10-12-2005, 05:42 AM
Why do US carriers SUX so BAD.

Personally I blame consumers and competition. We have proven that we value cheap above all else, so that's what we get. We are so insistant that competition is the holy grail of capitalism, that we punish those that excel with monopoly lawsuits, force them to divest, and subsidise their competitors. But that's just my opinion.

hummeriah
10-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Now expansys US says the Qtek 8310/i-mate Sp5 will arrive on Halloween!

Beautiful--just 2 days after they told me Oct 24.

I will pay the money--I just have to find someone that will friggin get the phone in stock!

What will really suck is if the carrier's (T-mobile in my case) get it the next day/week. I just re-upped my K, and bought a RAZR for -$20 from Amazon and dumped it on ebay to subsidize whatever Smartphone will get here first!

I have my homescreen graphic all picked out and some DVDs downconverted to 240x320 (have been running 176x220 on my Typhoon)--the only thing I haven't done is make it a soft little pillow bed and knitted some socks for the thing!

exchguy
10-13-2005, 03:50 PM
From the latest rumors, Cingular is slated to pick up both the Tornado and Wizard in mid-late November. Presumably, to get these in the stores right before the Christmas shopping season. From what it sounded like from some Cingular insiders at Howard Forums, both devices were undergoing Cingular 'tweaking and testing' as we speak to be technically approved by the end of this month.

I am surprised that the mid-October releases that we were familar with from the MPx200 (2003), MPx220 (2004) and SMT5600 (2004) would hold but apparently, they experienced a month slippage this year.

Keep in mind that no european carrier is offering any of these devices yet even though some have announced, and the Sprint PPC-6700 is only being sold to Sprint corporate customers and not the general public. T-Mobile USA is pushed out until Q1 of 06 from that latest rumors.

Personally, I won't be playing the pre-order game with Expansys and will just end up waiting to pay half with the Cingular release later next month. Lets just hope there are no more delays as I am definately looking forward to replacing the aging SMT5600.

possmann
10-13-2005, 05:39 PM
T-mo in Germany is doing great with the Smartphone - so is O2 in the UK... the question continues - why in the world won't anyone in the US move forward with this - Cing? T-mo? Sigh... At least Cing had a couple - but the lack of forward thinking by T-mo is astonishing. Their phone selection never amazed me - in fact, quite the opposite. They have every opportunity to go gang busters here but refuse to take the lead.

I so tired of ranting - seems like it goes no where. Who is making these decisions at T-mo? Where is their user community? Poll the community and see what they want - hey - there is a novel concept - give the customers what they want... Someone could make money off that idea - I'm off to patent it now...

xultar
10-13-2005, 05:57 PM
From the latest rumors, Cingular is slated to pick up both the Tornado and Wizard in mid-late November. .

WhatyoutalkngaboutWillis!

Don't be playin with me. If they dont get anything for me to replace my SMT5600 with by EOY I will fall dead.

I love the SMT5600 we had a great run. I treated him better than any other. But now I gotta let him go and be free with the other 30 phones in my jilted phone drawer. The relationship was great until he just went all boring on me. :cry:

xultar
10-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Why do US carriers SUX so BAD.

Personally I blame consumers and competition. We have proven that we value cheap above all else, so that's what we get. We are so insistant that competition is the holy grail of capitalism, that we punish those that excel with monopoly lawsuits, force them to divest, and subsidise their competitors. But that's just my opinion.

With that sweet dear you have a point. People kill me with the is that a free phone thing.

Typical of our American consumer. CHEAP, CHEAPER, CHEAPEST. Not even value for money just cheap crap.

Kris Kumar
10-13-2005, 11:37 PM
I so tired of ranting - seems like it goes no where.

possman, possman, possman... you have come to the right place. :lol: I think we need to start the therapy on you real soon, before things turn bad. ;-)

Jerry Raia
10-13-2005, 11:37 PM
The Qtek really has my attention at the moment. I think my earlier anticipation of the Q is fading. WiFi is just too tempting. :)

Kris Kumar
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
Typical of our American consumer. CHEAP, CHEAPER, CHEAPEST. Not even value for money just cheap crap.

Actually that and the fact that most people want stupid glitzy features like changeable faceplate and cool looks, instead of substance. That too for a cheapoh price-tag. That makes the carriers focus on non-Smartphones. :evil:

Kris Kumar
10-13-2005, 11:49 PM
The Qtek really has my attention at the moment. I think my earlier anticipation of the Q is fading. WiFi is just too tempting. :)

Jerry interested in Moto. :? Jerry and Moto in the same sentence, and Jerry leaning towards Moto. :? (Don't worry I am sure Moto will launch Q without the BlackBerry Connect and earn your trust..I mean... ;-))

Jerry Raia
10-13-2005, 11:58 PM

Jerry interested in Moto. :? Jerry and Moto in the same sentence, and Jerry leaning towards Moto. :? (Don't worry I am sure Moto will launch Q without the BlackBerry Connect and earn your trust..I mean... ;-))

Ok I know I haven't been too kind to Moto in these pages but I was going to give them another chance because I like that form factor so much. Odds are however the thing (Q) will be junk. Because I have had such a positive experiance with my 5600 the Qtek/i-mate/'whatever other names it will have' with WiFi :D really has me rethinking this. Including BlackBerry in the Q is giving me indigestion. :pukeface:

Fear not! I'm not getting soft on Moto! :twisted:

possmann
10-14-2005, 04:54 PM
:lol: Thanks Kris!

Well October is coming to a close so hopefully we'll be hearing something from someone soon...

xultar
10-14-2005, 05:55 PM

Ok I know I haven't been too kind to Moto in these pages but I was going to give them another chance because I like that form factor so much. Odds are however the thing (Q) will be junk. Because I have had such a positive experiance with my 5600 the Qtek/i-mate/'whatever other names it will have' with WiFi :D really has me rethinking this. Including BlackBerry in the Q is giving me indigestion. :pukeface:

Fear not! I'm not getting soft on Moto! :twisted:

You hit the nail on the head. I didn't even give the (Q) a second look. Too much Moto Ceeerap has been hittin the streets for me to even consider it. Even though I'm jonezin for a new device if a Moto (Q) device was the only one till 2k6 I still wouldn't purchase it. It would break my heart to get a (Q) and it turned out to be a MPX200 with a big A$$.

Mike Temporale
10-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Even though I'm jonezin for a new device if a Moto (Q) device was the only one till 2k6 I still wouldn't purchase it. It would break my heart to get a (Q) and it turned out to be a MPX200 with a big A$$.

:rotfl:

xultar
10-19-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't think I can hold on any longer.

:idea:

I think I'm gonna have to go Symbian with the Nokia 6682. By the time I wear that puppy out there may be some WM 2k5 HSDPA devices I can sink my tootsies into.

sojourner753
10-20-2005, 12:56 AM
Ok I know I haven't been too kind to Moto in these pages but I was going to give them another chance because I like that form factor so much. Odds are however the thing (Q) will be junk.

I was mildly interested in the Q. Then I read somewhere that the display was off center. That to me sounds a lot like the rolling thunder of an approaching piece of crapola... er I mean a storm.

Mike Temporale
10-20-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't think I can hold on any longer.

:idea:

I think I'm gonna have to go Symbian with the Nokia 6682. By the time I wear that puppy out there may be some WM 2k5 HSDPA devices I can sink my tootsies into.

8O Eeeek Gawd! Say it ain't so? :wink:

I thought there was a fair amount of EV-DO stuff coming along. Is that not good for your needs?

Jerry Raia
10-20-2005, 01:55 AM

In the end doing such a thing will leave you feeling empty and cold and alone in the universe.

xultar
10-20-2005, 02:29 PM

In the end doing such a thing will leave you feeling empty and cold and alone in the universe.

I thought about that but I'm an addict. I need a new shiny device. 8O

Sven Johannsen
10-20-2005, 04:54 PM
Wrapping tin foil around your 5600 isn't going to cut it , huh?

xultar
10-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Wrapping tin foil around your 5600 isn't going to cut it , huh?

:rotfl:

sracer
10-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Amazon has a blow-out sale on a WindowsMobile 2003 smartphone with fold-out qwerty keyboard. No contract required. unlocked.

Sierra Wireless Voq Professional Phone w/ VoqMail Pro (Unlocked) (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002Z9AIQ//ref=pm_dp_ln_wr_1/002-3197120-5120845?v=glance&s=wireless&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER)

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0002Z9AIQ.01.PT01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Mike Temporale
10-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Amazon has a blow-out sale on a WindowsMobile 2003 smartphone with fold-out qwerty keyboard. No contract required. unlocked.

Ya, everyone has that deal on right now. Expansys has it, and it was on Woot at one point. It's a great deal for a starter Smartphone, but many people feel the lack of Bluetooth hurts it too much. (me included)

sracer
10-22-2005, 05:27 AM

Ya, everyone has that deal on right now. Expansys has it, and it was on Woot at one point. It's a great deal for a starter Smartphone, but many people feel the lack of Bluetooth hurts it too much. (me included)
I agree. It lacks BT and camera capabilities. It is no match for my SMT-5600... but even if a person doesn't activate it as a phone, it makes one heckuva mini-PPC, mobile entertainment device. :D

xultar
10-24-2005, 09:30 PM

8O

NO BLUETOOTH...IT may as well be a Moto Brick from back in the day.

xultar
10-24-2005, 09:31 PM

I agree. It lacks BT and camera capabilities. It is no match for my SMT-5600... but even if a person doesn't activate it as a phone, it makes one heckuva mini-PPC, mobile entertainment device. :D

8O No CAMERA! What is that thing bagphone-lite?

Sven Johannsen
10-24-2005, 09:53 PM
Well, no BT does bother me a bit, but no camera is a selling point for me. I could actually use this in various places I go, where my MPX and SMT aren't allowed...because of the camera. I'm actually thinking about picking one up to play with. It's at the high end of my for-fun budget, but $150 for an unlocked Smartphone that I could actually use everywhere is interesting. Wonder if it will go to $100 if I wait? It'll probably become a collectors item and go up.

Mike Temporale
10-25-2005, 01:33 AM
Well, no BT does bother me a bit, but no camera is a selling point for me. I could actually use this in various places I go, where my MPX and SMT aren't allowed...because of the camera. I'm actually thinking about picking one up to play with. It's at the high end of my for-fun budget, but $150 for an unlocked Smartphone that I could actually use everywhere is interesting. Wonder if it will go to $100 if I wait? It'll probably become a collectors item and go up.

At $150, I am extremely tempted, but I am able to resist. If the price dropped to $100 I fear I would buy one without any hesitation. :mrgreen:

Mike Temporale
10-25-2005, 01:35 AM
8O

NO BLUETOOTH...IT may as well be a Moto Brick from back in the day.

8O No CAMERA! What is that thing bagphone-lite?

:lol: Yeah, it's a special phone. It's biggest selling feature is the fold-out keyboard. Which is surprisingly nice to use. :D

xultar
10-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I think I need some intervention and a stay @ a rehap camp with no gadgets or electricity.

8O

Jerry Raia
10-27-2005, 11:39 PM
In just a couple months there will be new phones galore! PATIENCE will be rewarded!