View Full Version : Smartphone Startup Apps

me
10-02-2005, 07:51 PM
I looked in the startup folder of my SMT5600 to see what apps startup automatically with the phone. (I don't know if there are also registry keys that auto-start programs at boot, like the Run key in desktop Windows.)

Here is my list from the startup folder:

-------------
Bthicon

IA_CID_StartUp......

MMSReg

SmsClassZero

STK_Service

xBar 2
--------------------

I know what two of those entries are. The first one starts Bluetooth and its icon. The last one is an app I installed, Xbar 2, a task manager.

But what do the other four do? Are they all necessary? Is it possible to delete any of them from the Startup folder, to save memory, and not have unnecessary background programs running?

Or, are they all important, for all users?

ctmagnus
10-02-2005, 09:20 PM
On my SMT5600, I have the other four you listed (IA_CID_Startup, MMSReg, SmsClassZero, STK_Service) so it's likely they are either used by the OS or they are carrier customizations.

fwiw, I also have TimeWizard (not sure what that is, I'm guessing something to do with CityTime Alarms) and Traffic Counter SPE, which is used by All-Locations GPRS Traffic Counter.

Mike Temporale
10-03-2005, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure, but IA_CID_StartUp sounds like IA Style Caller ID - which is the photo caller ID app used on the 5600.

Jerry Raia
10-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure, but IA_CID_StartUp sounds like IA Style Caller ID - which is the photo caller ID app used on the 5600.

Yeah it is because when I take it out of the Startup Folder and reboot the phone IA caller ID doesn't work.