View Full Version : i600 question

i600user
09-14-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi all.. relatively new user just getting into music/books on my SmartPhone. What's typical battery uptime when listening to what's stored on my SD card?
I've been enjoying the posts here for a couple weeks, finally decided to join in the fray.

Jerry Raia
09-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Welcome to the forum! :) I used to own an i600 but never really listened to music with it. I'm sure someone here might have an idea but the first question will be how big is your SD card?

i600user
09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Hi all.. relatively new user just getting into music/books on my SmartPhone. What's typical battery uptime when listening to what's stored on my SD card?
I've been enjoying the posts here for a couple weeks, finally decided to join in the fray.

I'm researching that now.. probably a 512 or 1GB.. good quality card with a high transfer rate

Santa Fe
09-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I listen to music every now and then on my i600 but have not timed the battery life. However it seems to discharge fairly quickly to me (after a couple of hours).

i600user
09-14-2005, 10:46 PM
I listen to music every now and then on my i600 but have not timed the battery life. However it seems to discharge fairly quickly to me (after a couple of hours).

Are you using an SD card, the storage on your phone, or streaming? If using an SD card, what kind & size? And when you say the battery discharges in a couple hours, is that the regular battery, or the extended one?
Sorry...lol... lots of questions....thanks for your input!! :roll:

Santa Fe
09-15-2005, 02:03 AM
512 sd card and the regular battery. Sorry that I don't have complete data. I cannot seem to find a good place to listen to music on the phone since I need to hear what is going on around me. No iPod either.

i600user
09-15-2005, 03:08 PM
512 sd card and the regular battery. Sorry that I don't have complete data. I cannot seem to find a good place to listen to music on the phone since I need to hear what is going on around me. No iPod either.

NO problem.. I appreciate the info.. Gives me a pretty good idea.. I am mainly interested to know if I listen to music or a book on a cross country flight, will I have a dead battery when I arrive at my destination. Thanks to your info, I have a good idea of how to plan!! :lol:

Santa Fe
09-15-2005, 07:24 PM
For that use I'd take both batteries. Run one down listening and pop in the other when you arrive.

i600user
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
For that use I'd take both batteries. Run one down listening and pop in the other when you arrive.
:wink: My thoughts exactly, now that you've given me the info I needed. Thanks again!

i600user
09-25-2005, 06:56 AM
8O well.. got my new SD card and popped it in...Didn't load anything on it or the phone. Extended battery went dead over night & I continually get a message that I am running low on storage in my phone and to delete some stuff to create more space. Huh?? Even though the message is about the storage space on the phone (not the card) I took the new card out and put the teeny tiny one I had back in... same message.. Any ideas? I have done absolutely nothing any different than before I popped the new card in.
:idea: Update: Somewhere here in the forums I read about Oxios Hibernate. Once I freed up some of the memory on my phone, I loaded Oxios and have had no more problems. Love listening to music and audio books, and am halfway through Atlas Shrugged. I'm once again a happy i600 user... 8)