View Full Version : Where to find a case for the SMT 5600 and finding its software online

MGully
09-05-2005, 12:13 AM
I've been using the SMT 5600 for the past few weeks and I have to say I'm enjoying it. I have not really taken advantage of all the features but will continue to explore. I have the following questions that I would appreciate if someone could assist me.

1. I am looking for a case to protect this beautiful piece of technology, I refuse to where it on my belt (sorry its just not my style). I try to isolate it in one of my pants pockets by itself so that it can't be scratched but at times other things end up with it. I would like a case similar to an Ipod rubber case. So basically the smallest tight fitting case with out a belt clip. Does this exist? And where?

2. I'm currently working with out a cd-rom in my laptop but I would like to get activesync and the rest of the software that came with the phone to work. I have looked on Audiovox website briefly and was unable to find a download link. Anyone have any ideas where I could find this software online to bypass the cd-rom problem?

3. My final question is what is the coolest thing you use your phone for?

Thanks
Matthew

encece
09-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Check the web or ebay for silicon cases for the phone. I think Boxwave makes them. But you can always find them on ebay for a cheap price. Also look for accessories for the C500. Esentially the same phone.

Go to Microsoft.com/mobile
look under Smartphones then downloads and download activesync.

The coolest thing I ever did on my phone?
Used with GPS to navigate effortlessly thru NY (and elsewhere).
Watch full length movies on it (currently Swingers). Listen to MP3/WMAs. Allow others to track where I am using celltrack (celltrack.spv-developers.com). Play games including Atari & SNES emulators). The list goes on and on.

MGully
09-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Encece, thanks for the info you provided. I took a look on ebay and found excatly what I was except I can't tell if there is anything protecting the screen too, (I was hoping for one of the films that come initially with the phone. Do you have any idea?

I was hoping to use GPS on it but I have not had the time to figure it out. Do you know of any how tos or guides on getting it started? Does it cost any extra?

Also playing emulators is very interesting to me. How is the control play with the phone?

Hopefully you don't mind but I might be picking your brain for some more info in the near future.

Mike Temporale
09-06-2005, 01:40 AM
Encece, thanks for the info you provided. I took a look on ebay and found excatly what I was except I can't tell if there is anything protecting the screen too, (I was hoping for one of the films that come initially with the phone. Do you have any idea?

I was hoping to use GPS on it but I have not had the time to figure it out. Do you know of any how tos or guides on getting it started? Does it cost any extra?

Screen protectors are usually sold as a seperate item from the cases. Check out Boxwave, or JavoEdge for some nice screen protectors.

As for GPS, you'll have to buy a GPS unit. If you want to use it while roaming around the city, you'll want a bluetooth version. ;)