View Full Version : i hate that mpx220

SickFish89
09-02-2005, 04:35 AM
i have had 2 mpx220 and today it messed up again. It lost service and dosnt get it back. Now i have to wait about a week to get my next one. the real messed up part about it is that even after the same thing has happened to me before they wouldnt give me a different kind of phone. i hate em all

Jerry Raia
09-02-2005, 05:48 PM
The problems with the MPx220 are now becoming legendary. Many posters here have been through 2 and 3 phones. What carrier are you with?

SickFish89
09-04-2005, 01:31 AM
im with cingular.

Jerry Raia
09-04-2005, 02:56 AM
For a while they were offering the Audiovox 5600 as a replacement. They aren't anymore? Did you ask for that option?

BobGamacho
09-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I'm going to chime in with my 2 cents worth. First post to this forum, BTW.

My wife and I picked up a pair of mpx220s in March. I did a lot of research on them before committing to the Cingular contract, and I knew full well going into this about the pretty crummy camera, which turns out acceptable pictures to me for the snapshots I want it for. It's horrible in dark light and the flash is worthless, but I knew about that going in to it.

I had also heard about low volume in the earpiece, something I haven't experienced, probably because I'm not in loud environments very often.

Other than those known problems, out phones have pretty much performed flawlessly for us for the past few months. We very rarely get dropped calls, and if we do, it's because we're in a funky area, kind of in a gulch between two mountains. But, I attribute that to Cingular, not the phone, and my parent's Sprint phone does the same thing when they are at our house.

We had a problem with a SanDisk 256 meg card with playing videos and sutting of mp3s, but every problem we had disappeared when we both got the 1GB cards last month. I had heard about the 256 cards being crummy, and I didn't believe it until we swapped cards; I blamed all the problems on the phone until then.

I really do enjoy using my phone and have had very few problems. I'm not any kind of power user, but I like gadgets and use the phone for putting my movies, songs, and videogames onto. In fact, we hit a milestone the last weekend trip that we took together: We didn't take our laptop for the first time. That sucker has gone everywhere with us, and we figured that we had enough stuff on the phones to keep us busy, and we were right.

Programs purchased and added since originally got the phones: Pocket Music, Sky Force

Programs that were free or demo versions added since we got the phones: TCPMP, Chronos (a time/alarm program), S-Tris, Flux (will end up buying this, I think), and a few other game demos.

There is one thing that really does urk me about this phone, though, and that is how hard it is to assign different ringtones to people in the address book. Not really "different" ringtones as the phone came with a whole bunch of them, but "personalized" ringtones. I've heard there are some programs out there that will aid in this, but I haven't had the time to test them out.

Yeah, there are other limitations with these phones, but nothing that really drives me nuts or bothers me for a few seconds. We really like our phones, but in a different environment and used for different purposes, I can see why people would hate this phone for certain reasons.

Rob