View Full Version : Good signal to really, really poor signal?

ctmagnus
08-29-2005, 05:09 AM
Has anyone else ever experienced this? They get a very good signal (usually three or more bars) for well over a month (in my case, since I got this phone) and then they suddenly get little to no signal in the same location, for multiple days at a time?

This hit me on Saturday morning and I still get a cr@ppy signal nearly 48 hours later. :?

Mike Temporale
08-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Well, not that bad, not me, no sir. I have noticed a number of issues with signal and GPRS over the last month or so. From what I can tell, it's all due to the Rogers Fido merger (buyout).

I assume you've done a reboot in that time. If not, it might be worth trying. Also, you might want to try and drop your sim in another "carrier approved" phone to see if the signal is still weak. If so, call and complain. The might be having an issue with one of their towers.

Jerry Raia
08-29-2005, 04:04 PM
I've seen the same thing here but its usually bad for just short periods of time as in hours.

ctmagnus
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
I called Rogers on Monday and their end reported network difficulties. But around 4:00 P.M. today, I had three bars again. :clap:

(Now, do I play with the Smartphone or the new Tablet PC? http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/images/smiles/dilemma.gif)

Mike Temporale
08-31-2005, 11:47 AM
Cool. Glad the problem was solved and they admitted to it! ;)

As for the Tablet, they are cool, but I found the effect wore out pretty fast. Perhaps if I had my own it would be different.