View Full Version : MPx220 sound come from car stereo?

rafster
08-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi all,

Rafster, the newb signing on. :lol:

I had a quick question.

I puchased an unbranded MPx220 from Ebay about 4 months ago. I really love the phone, especially since I put the 1.43 firmware on it.

For the past year, I have been using my Sony Clie NX80v as my GPS system. It works great, but I really loathe having to take my phone AND pda with me to the car.

The only reason why I haven't ditched the Clie is because I can plug it in to the Auxilary input on my stereo, and GPS instructions come through the car speakers.

I have not found a way to do this on my MPx220. Does anyone know of a cost effective way of doing this?

Also, is there any wired GPS mouse for the MPx220? I don't mind buying a bluetooth one, but that way I don't have to worry about charging the batteries.

Peace,

Rafster

Mike Temporale
08-29-2005, 02:58 AM
The only reason why I haven't ditched the Clie is because I can plug it in to the Auxilary input on my stereo, and GPS instructions come through the car speakers.

Can you not take the headset output and convert it into the format used on your stereo? I don't have a 220, but on my 5600, all you would need is a convertor for 2.5' adapter to RCA/3.5'/whatever your stereo uses. Does the 220 not have a standard output port?

Sven Johannsen
08-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes the MPX220 does have a regular headset jack, sort of. It is 2.5mm and is not wired the same as even the SMT5600, but you can certainly find adapters to convert it properly to attach it to an aux in on a car stereo. http://stores.ebay.com/esoTechTrix You'll need the adapter and a 3.5mm stereo plug to whatever your car takes, cable.

You will need to go the BT route on the GPS. For cabled GPS it is either a USB client, requiring the phone to be a USB host, or it is serial, and I'm not aware of any smartphone with host or serial capabilities.