View Full Version : Voq Being Dumped on eXpansys

nutzareus
08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I bought one of these from eXpansys for $155, but waiting for it to ship. Not too long ago these things costed alot more. I know it doesn't have bluetooth, 802.11b, or a camera, but I can live without those features. I want the keyboard. Can anyone confirm if their latest firmware is Windows Mobile Smartphone 2003 SE with WMP 10? I'd like to copy my music files from my Yahoo music subscription to go with me on the SD card.

Mike Temporale
08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if the firmware had WMP10 or not. Sierra's website used to have a list of all the different ROM images and what was updated on them. Try checking out their site.

Just so you are aware, Sierra has discontinued the Voq and are getting out of the Smartphone business. It's a little sad, since it was the only keyboard smartphone. I have a couple friends that use it, and love it. They haven't had any problems. So, I wouldn't worry about build quality or anything.

Kirkaiya
09-15-2005, 01:36 PM
I've seen these now in I.T. malls here in Bangkok also. (for about the same price)
It is one ugly device, although I wish my Axia A108 ran wm2003 rather than just WinCE 4.2 (with a shell)

But I'm posting this from my Axia from my MBA class so l guess can't complain