View Full Version : My reminders are no longer vibrating

Damion Chaplin
08-05-2005, 11:39 PM
Boy, today's posting day for me, eh? :wink:

Anyway, in the last few days (not sure when it was), my phone (SMT5600) stopped vibrating to inform me when an appointment was imminent. It still vibrates when the phone rings, just not for appointment reminders. I've checked the profile sttings, and it is set properly for vibrate. I've turned it off and then on again to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Kris Kumar
08-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Do the reminders popup on the screen? I mean do you get usual Dismiss/Snooze message box with the reminder text? What if you set it to some ring tone for the alert. Is the issue with just the vibrate mode.

I have had this problem once. In my case the reminders had stopped working altogther. Not sure what I did to set it right. Do you have any other reminder application like Papyrus? I think I had uninstalled that app and reinstalled it. I think so.

Damion Chaplin
08-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Well, I was about to say that the reminders do still appear on the screen, but now that I think about it, the other day when I originally posted it, neither of the reminders I had set for that day went off at all. I had no dismiss/snooze dialog to get rid of...

However, I was woken up this morning by my phone reminding me that today's my dad's birthday...

So I just did a test. I created 2 reminders 2 minutes apart and set the phone down. The reminder rang as it should, with the reminder tone and the visual cue. OK. I dismissed it and put the phone on silent (vibrate). 2 minutes later, the phone vibrated and the notification appeared on the screen, also as it should have. :?

So now I'm not sure what's up. I guess I'll sit back and see. Maybe the phone healed itself (computers do that sometimes). Maybe I'm just trippin. :wink: We'll see if it happens again. Thanks for the post - it spurred me to do the test I should have done in the first place. :roll:

Kris Kumar
08-08-2005, 01:10 AM
So now I'm not sure what's up. I guess I'll sit back and see. Maybe the phone healed itself (computers do that sometimes). Maybe I'm just trippin.

Computers and gadgets do that all the time. I think it's part of their strategy to make us feel dumber and dumber, and then take over our lives....something like that. :-)

Glad that your Smartphone is back to normal.