View Full Version : RealOne Player on MS-Smartphone

Jerry Raia
08-05-2005, 04:15 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.airfagev.com/forum_view.asp?msg_id=160388' target='_blank'>http://www.airfagev.com/forum_view.asp?msg_id=160388</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Is there a RealOne Player for MS-Smartphone? Read on... I would like to share this do-it-yourself guide on how to install then setup RealPlayer on MS-Smartphone. Please read the instructions carefully. Works/tested on SAP1 and C500."</i><br /><br />Personally I wouldn't let this virus run on my PC let alone my pocket devices however I know there are RealPlayer fans out there so here is your chance to get this on your Smartphone. I can't vouch for this but if you try it and it works let us know.

jfreiman
08-05-2005, 11:18 PM
[i]"Personally I wouldn't let this virus run on my PC let alone my pocket devices ...

Wow! I'm so glad to hear that other people share my opinion on this software and aren't aftraid to say it.

Everytime I come across a site (CBS.com) I write them and tell them they chose a SUCKY video player and that I consider them equally as bad for pushing the realplayer virus - software.

surfer
08-06-2005, 02:55 PM
[i]"Personally I wouldn't let this virus run on my PC let alone my pocket devices ...

Wow! I'm so glad to hear that other people share my opinion on this software and aren't aftraid to say it.

Everytime I come across a site (CBS.com) I write them and tell them they chose a SUCKY video player and that I consider them equally as bad for pushing the realplayer virus - software.

Im glad to see that im not the only one thinking this way. Real player :x I avoid using it as much as I can but sometimes you just have to use it :(

mbranscum
08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
"Is there a RealOne Player for MS-Smartphone? Read on... I would like to share this do-it-yourself guide on how to install then setup RealPlayer on MS-Smartphone. Please read the instructions carefully. Works/tested on SAP1 and C500."

Personally I wouldn't let this virus run on my PC let alone my pocket devices however I know there are RealPlayer fans out there so here is your chance to get this on your Smartphone. I can't vouch for this but if you try it and it works let us know.

What's wrong with Real Player? And why do you call it a virus???

Jerry Raia
08-06-2005, 04:09 PM

I was using "virus" sarcastically. Truly though the thing is bloated beyond belief. It tries to sell you more than even AOL does. It has been difficult to get rid of once its installed and I don't know if thats changed much over the years. I'm sure this version that may run on the Smartphone is leaner but I avoid RealPlayer like the plague. Just my two cents. :wink:

jfreiman
08-06-2005, 04:20 PM

I call it a virus because it always has it's 'spy ware' running in the background popping up trying to install more unrelated 3rd party applications on your computer. Most of the time under the guise that it's an 'upgrade' to their software.

It's annoying and I believe deceitful.

I avoid using it as much as I can but sometimes you just have to use it

Have to use it??? I don't feel that I ever have to use it. There are so many websites out there with identical or similar content I'd rather for another format video/audio or watch TV before loading Real Player.

I keep my computer Reapl Player free and I'm going to keep my phone - which is supposed to be SMART away from Real Player as well. :)

Jerry Raia
08-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I call it a virus because it always has it's 'spy ware' running in the background popping up trying to install more unrelated 3rd party applications on your computer. Most of the time under the guise that it's an 'upgrade' to their software.

It truly is invasive.

jfreiman
08-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Could you imagine if they used the same tactics they use on the PC on Smartphones?

Not only would your phone be running at 1/3rd it's speed because it's running in the background, but it would constantly be installing 3rd party software in any storage space you may have available. lol

I'm sure they won't implement their same tactics right away, but who knows... In 3 years when phones are more capable anything could happen.

Rebecca
08-07-2005, 04:12 AM
You don't have to use stinking real player at all.

There is a direct show filter that allows you to play real video and audio on any media player like Windows Media player or MPC (wich I use). The filter is called Real Alternative

You can find the filter in the klite mega codec pack or separetely. They also have a direct show filter to play quick time movies in WMP!

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Mega_Codec_Pack.htm

Im glad to see that im not the only one thinking this way. Real player :x I avoid using it as much as I can but sometimes you just have to use it :(

Jerry Raia
08-07-2005, 04:16 AM
Nice tip. Ill have to check that out. :)

Rebecca
08-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Nice tip. Ill have to check that out. :)

You will love it. It even looks smoother than using RealCrap.

Mike Temporale
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
They also have a direct show filter to play quick time movies in WMP!

that's handy! My camera shots MOV files, and I would like to take them along with me on my phone. I'll have to give this a try. Thanks! 8)