View Full Version : Some Newbie SMT5600 Questions

dgsinclair
08-05-2005, 07:46 AM
1. Is there a hack that allows you to activate a call using bluetooth headset? It is stoopid that you can not.

2. What is the biggest mini-sd card you can put in the 5600? Are you really limited to 256K?

3. Is there a good 5600 faq somewhere that covers things like
- speed dial to turn on/off bluetooth
- getting mp3 or wma ringtones to work
- best third party apps for ms smartphones
- cases and screen protectors for the 5600

4. Will we be able to upgrade these phones to Windows Mobile 2005?

Thx.

dgsinclair
08-05-2005, 07:47 AM
1. Is there a hack that allows you to activate a call using bluetooth headset? It is stoopid that you can not.

One clarification - with keylock ON!

Kris Kumar
08-05-2005, 11:54 AM

One clarification - with keylock ON!

I don't think so. :-( :evil: From what I have heard it is a Windows Mobile OS limitation.

Kris Kumar
08-05-2005, 12:00 PM
2. What is the biggest mini-sd card you can put in the 5600? Are you really limited to 256K?

You are not limited to 256K. People are using 1GB miniSD. (At the time the SMT5600 was launched 256K cards were popular and the only option. So they advertised that you can have upto 256K extended memory, which was true for that time. Not anymore. :-) )

- getting mp3 or wma ringtones to work
- best third party apps for ms smartphones
- cases and screen protectors for the 5600
Some of these things are covered in our forums. I will try to dig them up later tonight.

4. Will we be able to upgrade these phones to Windows Mobile 2005?

We can dream about it (it is possible technically). :-) But I believe the reality is that we will never see that happening. Carriers and cell manufacturers see it as a new phone model. :-(

Sven Johannsen
08-05-2005, 04:24 PM

Not directly, but there are third party things to help this. Go to the software shop from the front page here and search for 'Bluey'. There's a plain version and one with some auto features.

( http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/search.asp?keyword=Bluey )

Mike Temporale
08-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Not directly, but there are third party things to help this. Go to the software shop from the front page here and search for 'Bluey'. There's a plain version and one with some auto features.

( http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/search.asp?keyword=Bluey )

Yeah, but really.... Why bother? I just leave it on all the time. It doesn't suck much power. (Just don't leave it on discoverable.) That way I don't have to touch my phone when I'm using my headset. Just turn on the headset and go! :D