View Full Version : Couple More Questions

iiibdsiil
08-01-2005, 05:10 AM
Did ya'll receive an owners manual with your phones? I sure as heck didn't.

1. How do you lock the keypad? Somehow I managed to do it in my pocket, and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it again.

2. I have this little icon up top... It's next to the G that is almost perfectly center on the top of the screen. Its a > with two sideways triangles connected to it. The triangles are stacked on top of each other. WTF is that?

3. How do I sync my favorites to my phone? I want to do just a folder, as I obviously don't need all my favorites.

4. Does anyone know where I can download the manual at?

Thanks guys, sorry to be a pain in the butt.

Jerry Raia
08-01-2005, 06:47 AM
What phone are you talking about?

iiibdsiil
08-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Ah, I'm an idiot, the Audiovox 5600.

Sven Johannsen
08-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Did ya'll receive an owners manual with your phones? I sure as heck didn't.

I did

1. How do you lock the keypad? Somehow I managed to do it in my pocket, and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it again.

hold down the end call key (red phone)

2. I have this little icon up top... It's next to the G that is almost perfectly center on the top of the screen. Its a > with two sideways triangles connected to it. The triangles are stacked on top of each other. WTF is that?

Beats me, don't see it in my manual and don't recall it on my phone

3. How do I sync my favorites to my phone? I want to do just a folder, as I obviously don't need all my favorites.

Turn on favorites sync in AS and it will create a mobile favorites folder in IE. Stuff in there gets sync'd. You can also set up off-line options to save pages and have them transferred. At least that is how it works on PPCs, I assume it's the same.

4. Does anyone know where I can download the manual at?

Audiovox's site? http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=13758&langId=-1
'Find a Manual' button

iiibdsiil
08-01-2005, 10:29 PM
Thank you.

kabkbak
08-05-2005, 02:45 AM
your manual is also on your win AS cd
you have to use explorer to find it
i went back to the store to get a manual and they just looked at me funny

iiibdsiil
08-05-2005, 02:52 AM
That explains it.

Sven Johannsen
08-05-2005, 05:30 AM
You know, I may not have got an SMT manual. I did get a printed MPX220 manual though. I had downloaded the SMT manual from Audiovox way before I got the phone, so I never missed it. Having read it though, I thought I had one.

encece
08-09-2005, 01:43 PM
You cant sync faforites on the smartphone automatically as on the PPC. Dont ask me why. Ask Microsoft.

To do it manually, drag your favorites to the storage/windows/favorites folder via explore in activesync on your desktop.

encece
08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
HA! That icon you mentioned is the Bluetooth Icon!! :)