View Full Version : Purchasing the Audiovox 5600!! Where though?

MGully
07-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I am going to purchase the Audiovox in the next couple of days but I am questioning whether I should purchase it from Amazon.com where it cost $99.99 after rebates or get it from a cingular dealer where it costs 199.99 after rebate. Any suggests or extra benefits I get from purchasing from Cingular?

Should I consider a different carrier? I have not been able to find any other carry that sells the Audiovox but I hear T-Mobile being mentioned as another carrier is that correct?

The other question I have is I would like to tranfer my current number from sprint and I was wondering if I cancel my service (since my billing cycle ends at the end of the month) will I still be able to transfer? This may be a problem if I buy from Amazon since I will have to wait for shipping. Anyone experienced in this area send me a shout.

Thanks

Kris Kumar
07-31-2005, 12:34 PM
I believe lot of our readers have had succes and are happy with purchase thru Amazon. And if it can save you money, that is a big reason. ;-)

The only thing I would be concerned about is the length of the contract. I hope Amazon is not asking for a two or three year one?

And as for T-Mobile. The SMT5600 works on T-Mobile. But the problem is that T-Mobile does not sell it directly. People have bought it on Amazon and Cingular and then switched over to T-Mobile. But if you do that I believe you will not be able to take advantage of the lower handset price.

As for number portability issue, will have to wait for someone to respond on that. But won't Sprint do a partial billing, charge you only for the days over the billing period? Just a thought.

kabkbak
07-31-2005, 09:22 PM
the cost of the smt5600 at cingular is $250 with a $50 rebate if you
take the unlimited data plan for$49 a mounth ontop of your standerd
service
just got mine on fri and loving it so far

MGully
07-31-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the info.

I think I will order it off of Amazon and with saving the extra $100 I'll by a gig miniSD card with it!!!!

I'll probably sign up for the lowest data plan to start out with to see how much I use it and then upgrade if need be.

Amazon does not require a two year service plan for the rebate all they require is that the plan is over $39.99. But the cingular plans that are quoted on Amazon are all for two years, so they getcha anyways.

Jerry Raia
08-01-2005, 01:26 AM
the cost of the smt5600 at cingular is $250 with a $50 rebate if you
take the unlimited data plan for$49 a mounth ontop of your standerd
service
just got mine on fri and loving it so far

You are using your phone as a modem right? Because if you just need to get on the internet and check email etc. with only your phone its only 19.95/mo unlimited data.

cortez
08-01-2005, 02:49 AM
jerry - did i read your last statement correctly? Cingular has an ulimited data plan for smartphones for 19.99/month?

Jerry Raia
08-01-2005, 03:02 AM
jerry - did i read your last statement correctly? Cingular has an ulimited data plan for smartphones for 19.99/month?

Yes but only when you use the phone for access. Not for say using the phone as a modem for a laptop. Then you pay the higher rates.