View Full Version : illium software

biscan25
07-28-2005, 08:13 AM
Got the demos of 3 of there software

listpro
keeptrack
and the password one (the name escapes me)

on my phone

1. Listpro

been messing with it more and getting to like it but:
having trouble getting my lists from my pc to my phone. Ive saved them to disc (done some lists in work as well) but it will only let me copy a blank file over as soon as i add a list to the file i'm unable to transfer. Any clues.

2. keeptrack
like the concept- but need to do a lot of work on the pc to be able to allow easy input (tried it once and it took me 10 minutes once i'd set up all the files)

3. Pssword one
very time consuming and i'v given up with it - useing splash id instead as ive managed to port all info the my palm desktop to the smartphone euivilant.

thanks

Santa Fe
07-28-2005, 03:36 PM
e-wallet (your password one) is my most used software on both my PC and Smartphone. I keep every bit of detail from passwords to health records to everything about me on it. The best thing about it is the fact that Illium is very good about customer support. If you are having difficulty with one of thier products e-mail them and you will be helped.

Jerry Raia
07-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Yeah I have to second e-wallet. I use it on both my 5600 and PPC. Very solid application.

encece
07-30-2005, 09:24 PM
Ilium makes quality software.

Newsbreak gets used all day. I cant live without it.
Ewallet has followed me thru every WM device I've owned and the newer synchronization feature is indispensible.
You can keep KeepTrack. If it doesnt sync with Money automatically, I dont want or need it.
ListPro is cool, but I dont need it. I just use tasks and notes.

Mobilelifelover
10-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I've used ListPro on both PPC and Palm (with desktop versions) and they are very good.

Not sure the smartphone screen would do it justice though !

SassKwatch
10-07-2005, 01:56 PM
Yeah I have to second e-wallet. I use it on both my 5600 and PPC. Very solid application.

Wasn't there a problem getting the SP version to sync at one point? I'd used the PPC version for quite some time, but there was something that put me off the SP version, and I *thought* it was a sync problem.(?)

Mike Temporale
10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Well, the major issue would be the lack of file sync on the Smartphone. Which kept me from adopting it on my Smartphone for a little while. However, ilium has a nice little sync app that will automatically sync the wallets everytime your device connects. It's been working like a charm for me for a while. 8)

SassKwatch
10-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Well, the major issue would be the lack of file sync on the Smartphone. Which kept me from adopting it on my Smartphone for a little while. However, ilium has a nice little sync app that will automatically sync the wallets everytime your device connects. It's been working like a charm for me for a while. 8)

Where do you find that sync app? I'm on their site now and am not finding anything.(?)

Mike Temporale
10-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I think it's installed with eWallet. Run eWallet on the desktop and click on Sync in the top menu bar. You have to turn it on for each wallet that you want sync'ed

Sven Johannsen
10-07-2005, 03:57 PM
IIRC the current versions add a real sync as an option. This would require a special sync conduit, which should work on SPs as well as PPCs. The older versions depended on file sync to do thier syncing which precluded syncing a SP via AS. I suppose you could have manually copied the data file over, assuming there was a SP version and the file formats were the same.

You can still use the files sync option for PPCs, and I do. It basically just looks at the two files, PPC and desktop, sees which one was changed last and copies that one over the other. It's not really sync, like PIM, but latest is greatest.

The newer version can actually sync entries both ways like calendar and contacts do. I think this has a higher chance of breaking, or getting a sync errror, and I only use my PPC side to look up things. I rarely enter things on the mobile device, so file sync works for me...on the PPC. That's not an option on the SP, due to the lack of file sync in AS.