View Full Version : Unable to Sync with SMT5600

Terry Pickett
07-19-2005, 02:53 PM
Just bought the Audiovx last night. I have ActiveSync 3.7 on the PC. I never did get this New Partnership wizard come up. It did ask for the installation CD. It loaded drivers, asked to retsart the computer. Still no sync. Makes the usual noise when connecting a USB device. I didn't have this problem with my Pocket PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Temporale
07-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Are you connecting over USB or Bluetooth?

Terry Pickett
07-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I am using USB

Mike Temporale
07-19-2005, 03:47 PM
Oh, ok... Try to disable your firewall, and also check the connection settings on ActiveSync to make sure that USB Sync is enabled.

Terry Pickett
07-20-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks for your thoughts.
I kept trying different USB ports and got one to connect. Never will fully understand USB. I finally got the Installation Wizard I got a partial sync, time and date only. I got the error message that my Active Sync version is incompatiable with the phone. I have version 3.7, the one they recommend. I tried to update on the Windows Update site. Doesn't seem to update the version. I have never tried to update ActiveSync before. This is the same version I installed with my Pocket PC 18 months ago. Do you have to uninstall the old version first?

Jerry Raia
07-20-2005, 01:17 AM
This sounds like it could be a USB problem. Are you using a USB hub?

Mike Temporale
07-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Hey Terry, check the CD that came with the phone. I think you'll find a version of ActiveSync on there. Install that one. I've heard of issues in the past where the version of ActiveSync on the CD contains the extra driver information for the device it came with. Where the one on your machine might not have that specific device.

Mike Temporale
07-20-2005, 01:34 AM
This sounds like it could be a USB problem. Are you using a USB hub?

Good point. If you're using a hub, try connecting directly to the machine.