View Full Version : How do you Score on Sprint's Wireless Etiquette Test?

Mike Temporale
07-15-2005, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.sjp.com/sprint/survey_start.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.sjp.com/sprint/survey_start.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"According to The 2004 Sprint Wireless Courtesy Report, 80 percent of adults surveyed say people are less courteous when using wireless phones today than they were five years ago, but no one sees themselves as discourteous. Are you a courteous wireless user? Answer these 14 questions and find out if you use proper etiquette when it comes to your own wireless phone. Then see how you stack up against others and review Sprint's tips to help you brush up on your wireless etiquette."</i><br /><br />July is National Cell Phone Courtesy Month and to celebrate, Sprint has a short 14 question survey that will help determine how courteous you are when using your cell phone. I scored an 83 which puts me in the good but could be better section. Take the test, and let us know how you scored. :mrgreen:

Sven Johannsen
07-15-2005, 04:00 PM
71..Barely squeeked by the barely courteous. Heck of a lot of questions with very situational possibilities with black and white options provided.

ctmagnus
07-15-2005, 04:32 PM
I'm courteous. 91%

Anyone want lessons? :mrgreen:

surfer
07-15-2005, 06:48 PM
I've got a 75. Maybe I need to start thinking :?

Damion Chaplin
07-15-2005, 09:11 PM
95%, but I think that's because I have my phone on silent 80% of the time. The only time it's not on silent is when I take it off my hip when I get home in the evening. I can't hear my phone ring when it's on my belt - I have to have it on vibrate to even know my phone is ringing. It's a bonus that subsequently I never have to put my phone on silent when I watch a movie or something. I'm also uncomfortable talking about my personal life in public, so I usually lower my voice. Also, most hospital/doctor waiting rooms have signs asking you to turn off your cell, which I actually do.

bleeman
07-15-2005, 10:02 PM
94. Like Imperium999 I leave mine on silent 99% of the time as I have a Jabra BT250 headset. So if the phone rings it's in my ear and not bothering anyone else. I always shut the phone off in hospitals/doctor's offices and will remove the earpiece then as well, just so it isn't a distraction. Occasionally, if I've got a long wait at the doc, I'll switch the phone to flight mode so I can still read stored E-mail, play games etc.

Jason Dunn
07-18-2005, 05:31 AM
Dang, I only scored a 77! 8O And I tend to think I'm very courteous with my phone.

Sven Johannsen
07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey, I took it again and got a 100 this time. My phone is always off unless I'm actually making a call. I only do this if I am in a room all by myself and I still whisper. I never talk to my family or friends...strictly business.

grogma
07-19-2005, 12:18 AM
76, eek. I think they're skewing it a bit to the always leave it in silent mode and never talk unless you are the only one within 500 meters side a bit though. The list of all of the venues where you should presumably silence your celly is most impressive though. Perhaps what we need is something in the form of an automated gentle reminder. A limited area wireless broadcast of a "silent zone" message should be easy enough to implement. Then you could set your profile to accept the broadcasts (i.e. auto switch to vibrate) or not.

Sven Johannsen
07-19-2005, 02:52 AM
Perhaps what we need is something in the form of an automated gentle reminder. A limited area wireless broadcast of a "silent zone" message should be easy enough to implement. Then you could set your profile to accept the broadcasts (i.e. auto switch to vibrate) or not.
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Maybe we could extend it to automatically turning down car radios, and boom boxes, in certain areas. I bet it would have to be a feature that the consumer would have to opt into though.

There are already auto profile apps around that vary your profile based on what is on your calendar.