View Full Version : Think Outside Bluetooth Drivers - Install Problem on 5600

Gator5000e
07-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Purchased the keyboard for the SMT 5600. When I try to install the driver via the cab download from the web site, the phone tells me somthing like not enough privileges. I have never seen this error before when installing software on the phone (ATTWS version).

Anyone have any ideas on what to do or where to get a driver that might work? An e-mail to TO was returned saying we don't provide support, check the forums. Nice. this problem has been posted by others on the TO forum but I did not see that anyone from TO has responded. I wonder if the driver for the Orange version is different than that needed for the SMT 5600 and if that is causing the problem.

Again, thanks for any help.

Mike Temporale
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Well the Orange driver should be signed and the Audiovox one shouldn't be - or at least doesn't need to be. I wonder if they are just handing out the signed one for everything. I just took a look around their downloads, and it looks like the Orange driver is made available for audiovox, and i-mate. So this could be what's happened.

Gator5000e
07-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Figured this out on my own. :o Anyway, Think Outside has the drivers for the SMT 5600 and the Orange Cv500 mixed up. When you use their wizard to get the driver for the 5600, you actually get the Orange driver and the 5600 won't let you install it. When you use the wizard for the CV500 you get the regular smartphone driver.

I tried the driver for the CV 500 and it worked. So I think this is the problem.

Mike Temporale
07-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Nice! Good job TO. I wonder how long it will take them to figure this out and fix the problem? After all, they don't "provide support" so they won't be working through this with a customer. :roll:

paulduffield
09-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Guys,

I have lost my disc with the drivers on for the orange cv500 and spotted this thread - slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can download the drivers from for reinstallation of the CV500 orange phone on my PC please ?

I have done a couple of searches but if it is out there I can't seem to find it for some reason.

Cheers from Sunny London (Not! and oh to be in FL again ;-) )

Paul

Gator5000e
09-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Paul, cheers from Orlando! Very hot, still. Anyway, try this link and see if it is what you need.

http://www.thinkoutside.com/support/Drivers.asp?ManufacturerID=48&ModelID=214

Hope it works!