View Full Version : Advanced Outlook Sync with PocketMirror

Mike Temporale
07-11-2005, 04:45 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.chapura.com/pmp_wm.php' target='_blank'>http://www.chapura.com/pmp_wm.php</a><br /><br /></div><i>" Chapura®, Inc., an innovator of mobile personal information management (PIM) synchronization technology, today released PocketMirror® Professional 1.0 for Microsoft Windows Mobile, the first software product to both add to the basic Microsoft Outlook PIM synchronization features of Microsoft ActiveSync and maximize the categorization capabilities in Pocket Outlook, which is built into Windows Mobile-based devices. PocketMirror Professional offers owners of Windows Mobile-based devices the ability to synchronize with multiple folders from Outlook Contacts, Calendar and Tasks, and organize and store this information in Pocket Outlook on the handheld, organized not only in ActiveSync-supported categories, but also in new folder-like categories, making it clear which Outlook folder the data came from on the PC."</i><br /><br />Although, the screenshots and documentation are aimed at the Pocket PC, Chapura has assured me that their software also works with Smartphones. If the basic Outlook ActiveSync isn't enough, you should check out PocketMirror. You can purchase a license for $49.95 <a href="http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=1566">here.</a> [Affiliate]

greenmozart
07-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Has anyone tried this yet? Public folder sync would be HUGE! But no trial version? DAMNIT! :evil:

Jerry Raia
07-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah a bit pricey if there is no trial version. :?

Sven Johannsen
07-12-2005, 06:25 AM
Be interesting to hear the first person's impressions. From the screen shots and description it appears to do what the microsoft tool has done all along. It doesn't create folders on the mobile device, but rather assigns a category with the folder name, to a contact that is in a folder and then syncs it. On the mobile device you access the 'folder' contents by filtering for the folder name category. With Chapura they seem to have prefaced the folder name with an * in the category list to indicate it was a folder.

My question would be if the contact that was in a folder, is syncd to the mobile device, with only the addition of the category, and placed in the root of contacts, what stops it from being syncd back to the desktop into the root. Maybe they manage your sync by category filter as well.

sojourner753
07-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Maybe they manage your sync by category filter as well.

Thats the one feature I've been crying about for years. As of now, I'm stuck with Intellisync at work. :cry:

grogma
07-28-2005, 12:26 AM
Its hard to tell be reading the product documentation but this is essentially an ActiveSync plugin. You can set each of Contacts, Tasks and Calendar to synch through the PocketMirror conduit and, for instance, if you pick an outlook public contact list to synch it will drop right in to the contacts app on your Smartphone. There is no Smartphone resident component of this app though. PocketMirror only does its thing when your Smartphone is docked to your pc. If you have your Smartphone set to sync everything with a server then this app will never come into play. I don't know about you but unless I'm installing software my Smartphone is NEVER docked to my pc so this is of little use.