View Full Version : SMT 5600 minisd card suppport

smartgeekp
07-06-2005, 06:16 PM
Hi, I am planning to buy minisd for SMT 5600 phone. Was wondering can it support 1GB mini SD card ? Also any good deals on 1GB mini SD cards if the phone supports it ? Is there a more technical manual on the phone anywhere ? The best i can find is at ecost.com for 75 bucks. Not sure whether this card supports high speed data transfer. What is the difference between a normal miniSD card and a 60X miniSD card ? can i see real difference when i put a high speed miniSD card in this phone ?

Sven Johannsen
07-07-2005, 01:58 AM
Got a 1G Sandisk in mine (shudder, waiting for it to die), but can't say much more than that. It was about the only 1G out at the time I got it, so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say $75 is a pretty decent price at this time.

I don't have any noticable problems with it. So far have used it mostly for loading apps and data files (maps) and a place to send pictures. Have loaded a short video and a couple of tunes and it played fine. That was mostly just to see. I generally carry a PPC along with it, and prefer the 4 times greater screen real estate.

I got the biggest that was out so I wouldn't be upgrading constantly, or having to swap out cards from under the battery.

jerrydnorton
07-29-2005, 09:59 PM
I have been using a Sandisk 1GB card for several weeks without problems. I have about 800MB of stuff on it and the system can handle it fine.

Jerry