View Full Version : Motorola Razr Smartphone?

Spiderman503
07-01-2005, 04:06 PM
I know I am asking what is no doubt a really stupid question - and forgive me for being a technological neophyte. :wink:

Would it be possible to flash a Motorola Razr with the Smartphone operating system? I just updated my MPx 220 and wondered if the process could be applied to the Razr. I love the form factor of the Razr and it seems to have all the required buttons for the on screen menus and such.

I know there is probably a reason why this would not work, but I am just curious. Flame away if warranted!

Sven Johannsen
07-01-2005, 09:57 PM
No flames warranted, but the answer is No. Each Windows Mobile OS build must be tailored to the specific hardware that it is to run on and run with. That includes the processor type, screen configuration, radios included, specific sound hardware, etc. It would be kind of like loading up an Intel PC and then taking the drive out and putting it in a Macintosh. Nothing the OS build is expecting would be there.

BTW, there are periodic rumors about Motorola working on a Razr using the Windows Mobile OS. The latest one though, seems to point more towards a razr inspired phone, rarther than the current razr form factor with WM5 sandwiched into it.