View Full Version : Low earpiece volume in Cingular SMT 5600?

Troubadour
06-28-2005, 04:35 AM
Has anyone else had any problems with low volume in the earpiece of the Cingular SMT 5600? If so, is there a fix?

Earpiece volume was loud enough that I had to turn it down when I first got the phone, but has gotten intermittently low enough that sometimes I can't hear anything, despite max volume on both the external rocker switch, and the internal settings for "Normal", "Outdoor" etc.

Longtime user of PPC, including iPaq 3600, 4100, and Hitachi G1000, but this is my first smartphone. Love it so far, other than the volume issue. Would welcome any ideas, don't want to give it up.

Thanks for all the great posts, and also please let me know if the site accepts donations, you're doing good work here, and I'd love to support it.

me
06-28-2005, 03:36 PM
I have the same problem, although I have an ATT SMT5600, bought from Ebay and unlocked, used on T-Mobile. Others write there is no overall volume problem with the phone though, as there was with the mpx220.

Have you tried it with a Bluetooth headset, with the headset's volume turned up?

Has anyone else had any problems with low volume in the earpiece of the Cingular SMT 5600? If so, is there a fix?

Earpiece volume was loud enough that I had to turn it down when I first got the phone, but has gotten intermittently low enough that sometimes I can't hear anything, despite max volume on both the external rocker switch, and the internal settings for "Normal", "Outdoor" etc.

Longtime user of PPC, including iPaq 3600, 4100, and Hitachi G1000, but this is my first smartphone. Love it so far, other than the volume issue. Would welcome any ideas, don't want to give it up.

Thanks for all the great posts, and also please let me know if the site accepts donations, you're doing good work here, and I'd love to support it.

Troubadour
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
Actually, I believe mine may be an ATT SMT 5600 as well. My company has corporate agreement with ATT prior to Cingular, and I have an AT&T sim card, so I'll bet they gave me an ATT version since Cingular locks theirs.

I don't have a bluetooth headset, so I haven't tried that yet. The volume is slightly louder when I use the wired headset that came with the phone.