View Full Version : PC World's Top 10 Cell Phone Wish List Items

Jason Dunn
06-24-2005, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121444,tk,dn062205X,00.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,121444,tk,dn062205X,00.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"What's wrong with my mobile phone? I can think of ten things that carriers and handset manufacturers need to fix. Sometimes it's the little things that matter. When it comes to cell phones, that statement holds very true. Certain aspects of my phone and those I review, along with the services that power them, drive me nuts. So I've come up with a wish list of sorts, things that would make handsets work better for all of us. Here are my top ten requests..."</i><br /><br />Grace Aquino at PC World hit the nail on the head - her wish list items include faster performance, unlocking the phones, better design, enabling all Bluetooth profiles, and standardizing connectors for power and headphone ports. Some of the things on that list will never happen - the carriers/phone OEMs make a lot of money selling proprietary cables - but it's good to make noise about it anyway. I'm particularly pleased that most Windows Mobile Smartphones use mini USB connectors - I wish the Pocket PC OEMs would follow suit. <br /><br />Check out the list and see if anything is missing from your point of view - myself, I would have added better battery life. Who doesn't want better battery life?

mpaquette
06-24-2005, 04:36 PM
How about improving the quality of the hardware? My imate SP3i has enough dust under the screen to send a swiffer running for cover. Is it too much to ask for a dust free screen on a $400+ device?

Jason Dunn
06-24-2005, 05:16 PM
How about improving the quality of the hardware? My imate SP3i has enough dust under the screen to send a swiffer running for cover. Is it too much to ask for a dust free screen on a $400+ device?

I agree, if fully sucks. I have gobs of dust under the screen of my C500. :evil:

Mike Temporale
06-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I would like to see WiFi, more memory, faster and more powerful CPU, better screens, USB 2.0 or FireWire, and, of course, a nice long lasting battery. That's not asking too much, is it? :mrgreen:

mpaquette
06-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I would like to see WiFi, more memory, faster and more powerful CPU, better screens, USB 2.0 or FireWire, and, of course, a nice long lasting battery.

I'll second that statement. WiFi along with better battery life would be awsome on a phone. Skype anyone?

egads
06-24-2005, 08:56 PM
Heck with WiFi, I just want a phone that does not drop calls and you can hear the person on the other end.

I want all phone to use the standard mini-usb plug AND use a standard power plug (like the article said).

I'll also second the boot time. A phone should not take 30 seconds or more to turn on. My MPx220 takes FOREVER. The darn thing should be on and ready to run in under 5 seconds. Camera's need to follow this also. I love my Cannon G2, but it takes too long to boot...

I would also like to pay $400 for a phone, but only pay a $10 a month fee. It's a rip off the way things are now, free phone and $30 a month.

If a phone is going to have a camera, make it a camera that takes a decent picture...

Make phones smart enough so they won't work in a car if you driving unless its a 911 call.

:P

Rocco Augusto
06-25-2005, 02:56 AM
id like all phones to come built in with some form of high speed internet capabilities that you dont have to pay an arm and a leg for each month... maybe your first born but not an arm and a leg ;)

ovilla2001
06-25-2005, 01:52 PM
ok.... I just would like to have a stable product!
My mpx220 works great but it broke already 3 times in 6 months....
I fact Motorola already changed my cell phone for a new one 3 times....
But it takes weeks to happen! (in 6 months I just had MY cell phone for 4 months).