View Full Version : Xingtone

jfreiman
06-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Has anyone else heard of or tried Xingtone?

I was just visiting the Sonic Press Release page and found that they are selling a product called Xingtone which lets you create Ringtones for your mobile phone and send them from your PC to the Internet and then down to your phone.

I've downloaded the trial version and while it's simple in design it works pretty well.

Who needs to pay $1.99 per ringtone when for $20 you can make as many as you like!

I for one don't need any fancy ringtones, but it's nice to know I can create my own if I need/like to. :wink:

www.xingtone.com
PS. They have direct support for Cingular, ATTW, T-Mobile, Rogers ATT, etc as well as the SMT5600, MPx220, i600 and more.

Mike Temporale
06-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Oh wow, they must have a new version out. When I last downloaded it, they didn't support any canadian carriers, and there was no Smartphones (at least Windows Mobile ones) listed. It seemed like a nice app, but I couldn't really use it, so I uninstalled it. That was just over a year ago, I think.

Does it let you save the ringtone locally so you can copy it yourself? I'm not a big fan of sending the ringtone out over the air when the phone is directly connected to my machine.

jfreiman
06-20-2005, 07:46 AM
No, it only works through the carrier - no local downloads to your phone.

I was a little surprised by that as well, but the downloads are very fast and initiated via an instant message which arrives nearly immediatly.

PiPod
09-29-2005, 11:12 PM
yea, i've heard some bad things about this product... stuff not working properly, weird fees with the carrier, etc...