View Full Version : New Mini SD Card/Data Transfer

mrasmuss
06-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Okay, I just received my new 1 gig mini SD card and want to transfer all of my programs and data from my 256 card to the new one. How do I move all of the information and still keep it intact? Can I just copy and paste or is there a special procedure to ensure everything works okay after the transfer?

Mike Temporale
06-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Nothing special. Just copy all the files off of it to your desktop, then copy all the files to the new card, and insert it in your phone. I've done it a couple times on my old Tanager with SD cards. The phone isn't connected with the card in any specific way. It just wants to know that the path it's looking for exists.

Where did you get the 1GB miniSD from, and how much was it? 8)

Jerry Raia
06-03-2005, 02:41 AM
Yeah I want one of these even though I dont need one :mrgreen:

hubzone
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I want one just so I can say "hey this thing has a gig" yours? :D

mrasmuss
06-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Thanks Mike! I bought it from J&R for $89.00, they were backordered for weeks, but it just came in the other day. My plans are to put books on tape, music and load the maps for my CoPilot GPS for Smartphone on the new card.

mrasmuss
06-27-2005, 08:06 PM
By the way, I installed the Co-Pilot GPS software with their BT GPS unit and it worked flawlessly right out of the box! I just moved across the country and it is incredibly useful. I needed a Best Buy to get more gadgets for my HDTV and wireless network for home, so I merely sent a text message to Google with "Best Buy, Walnut Creek, CA" and Google replied with 3 choices including address and phone number. I then typed the address into the Co-Pilot software on my SMT 5600 and it delivered me right to the Best Buy front door without a hitch! This gadget stuff is great 8) !!! By the way, does anyone know how to "cut and paste" on the 5600?

Jerry Raia
06-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Take a look at xbar (http://xetranet.free.fr/xbar2/?project=xBar%202). It has that capability along with being a very nice task manager.