View Full Version : Modem Speeds

HalM
05-29-2005, 06:55 PM
I was kind of bored earlier today, so I set up my MPx220 as a modem attached to my laptop via USB cable. After I got it up and running, I ran a 2Wire.Com speed check and saw I was getting about 28Kbs. Does that sound about right for the Cingular network?

Mike Temporale
05-29-2005, 08:53 PM
I'm not on Cingular, but I'll have to run that test. It always reports 115Kbps when I attach. Which doesn't seem right.

Mike Temporale
05-31-2005, 07:27 PM
Just ran their speed test, and I'm getting 39.4Kbps. :(

Jerry Raia
06-01-2005, 01:29 AM
Sheesh you guys are blazing, I just got 25bps on my 5600 and Cingular. That was just the phone to the internet though.
:bad-words:

Go to this site on your phone:
http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed

They have a lot of other good tests for your dsl. etc on their site as well.

mooker
06-26-2005, 01:41 AM
If you want broadband speeds, switch to Verizon....

:D

Jerry Raia
06-26-2005, 02:14 AM
Yeah Verizon does have the speed. Too bad they lag behind so much in devices :(

mooker
06-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Yeah thats the only problem with verizon they lag behind all the competition.

The only good thing with Verizon is their customer support is the best and their signal is the best as well. None of the competition can compare with Verizon's signal and coverage.

The other good thing is their broadband speeds.

But hey, we need the coolest phones we can get our hands on and will settle with Cingular's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad customer support and their really suckie signal and coverage. At least compensate the bad signal and coverage by providing us with knowledgeable customer support.

Just my thoughts... hehe... :D

Jerry Raia
06-27-2005, 02:52 AM
Not to turn this into a Cingular thread but I have been pretty happy with their support, at times it might have taken a couple calls but I always managed to get a person who knew what I needed. That plus the stand up way they handled the MPx220 mess makes me pretty happy with them. Also I travel all over the country and when I had both Verizon and Cingular there was never a place where both didn't have good coverage. I know on the map Verizon is better but in my experience Cingular coverage is fine.

mooker
06-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Yup!! I think that if you ask 100 people, you will for sure get 100 different answers/opinions/experience with the service and signal quality of any wireless phone company.

You heard of Hanson KY? hehehe... Red neck country in the middle of the bundoks.... basement Cingular zero bars, Verizon full bars throughout the house. Cingular signal is not able to penetrate wood and walls... hehehe...

Somehow, as soon as you go inside your house, you better have a land line or Verizon in case of emergency... hahahaha..

Again, my comments here is only one of many different experiences...

You have been lucky so far...

:D

Jerry Raia
06-27-2005, 06:45 AM
No question Verizon wins the coverage contest. Never been to Hanson :)