View Full Version : Need headphones recommendation

cdcooker
05-21-2005, 12:03 AM
I would like to buy a good to high quality headphones/earphones with the 2.5mm plug that will fit into 5600 directly.

Any recommendation?

subzerohf
06-02-2005, 03:46 AM
Don't know if it is high-end quality, but I have bought a pair of miniBuds from BoxWave.com. It has a 2.5 mm jack. It is now in shipment, so I will let you know more when it arrives.

subzerohf
06-07-2005, 04:31 AM
Got the headphone and tried it out. It sounds pretty good for an earbud type. I like the retractable cord, and the clip is a nice touch.

Mike Temporale
06-07-2005, 10:59 AM
How far do they extend? I had a pair of retractable earbuds - from another place, but the cord was under 2 feet when extended. They're good, but the short cord is a real drawback.

Sven Johannsen
06-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Just a caution to folks looking for earbuds, headset/mic thingies for smartphones. I can tell you for a fact that the SMT5600 and the MPX220 are not wired the same, so make sure that what you buy lists your device specifically.

Seems the 3.5mm Audio/mic jacks as found on the Toshibas, 4700, X50 are all wired to the same standard. Shame that the 2.5mm guys can't get it together.

subzerohf
06-09-2005, 04:43 AM
How far do they extend? I had a pair of retractable earbuds - from another place, but the cord was under 2 feet when extended. They're good, but the short cord is a real drawback.

They say it extends to 41'' on their spec. I don't have a ruler with me right now, but I can tell it is at least 3 feet. I find it sufficient.

And it works fine with SMT5600, which is what I have. Now that I've got a 512 mb miniSD card, I don't carry my regular MP3 player with me anymore. One bonus with the Media Player 10 is the album cover picture. It is not big deal, but it is one feature that most MP3 players do not have. And I like it. :wink:

cdcooker
06-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for your info. Also, will you be able to hear the incoming call rings while using these earphones?

I really like the 5600 that can serve as a media player, and it severs very well. One draw back about WMP10 is that it can only display english. I have a lot of foreign language songs (Chinese, Japanese). Almost all other flash-based or harddisk-based mp3 player can display the characters correctly, but WMP10 only displays garbage, even though it is mainly related to the OS. Right now, I am virtually not able to search or browse non-Enlgish songs. This is the only reason that smartphone can't replace a standalone MP3 players.

subzerohf
06-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Yes, you can hear the incoming ring, because the phone's profile is switched to "headset" as soon as you plug in the earbud. Only thing is, I don't know if the caller can hear you, because the earbud does not have a mic.

homeLAN
06-10-2005, 04:21 PM
[…] I don't know if the caller can hear you, because the earbud does not have a mic.

Yes, the caller can hear you when you speak into the phone's built-in mic.

Rebecca
09-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Does anyone knows of similar earphones that can retract but have a mic built in?

Recently I checked Jabra's stereo headphones on their site and plantronics. They look good but unlike these they are bulky.

Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
09-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Does anyone knows of similar earphones that can retract but have a mic built in?

Recently I checked Jab stereo headphones on their site and electronics. They look good but unlike these they are bulky.

Thanks.

Seidio has a couple. Can't vouch for them though. At least not these headphones. They company is decent.
http://www.seidioonline.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=434

Rebecca
09-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Thanks, the Seidio 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Anyone has tried them that could comment?