View Full Version : Microsoft Set To Embrace RSS

Mike Temporale
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Micorosft has been adding RSS feeds to all sorts of stuff over the last little while. I even see that you can add a MSN Spaces RSS feed to your "My MSN" home page. Cool idea. However when I read this, I was really interested in what they have planned.

Vowing to make RSS friendly to the everyday Web user, an MSN executive demonstrated upcoming services on Wednesday that build syndication feeds into the messaging alerts, a Windows screen saver and Web search. During a keynote at the Syndicate Conference here, MSN Director Phil Holden said that Microsoft Corp's Internet division is taking RSS seriously and will integrate the technology across even more of MSN's online services throughout the year.

http://www.wininsider.com/news/?8135

The Web Search is nothing special - I think - it's already available today. And Messaging Alerts makes sense, since Microsoft just bought MessageCast - a cool RSS to MSN Messenger notification tool. But... Screen Saver? So, your screen saver would show off the latest news and posts from your favourite RSS Feeds? Now that is pretty cool. I wonder what else they got up their sleeve?