View Full Version : Help getting bluetooth headset set up on 5600.....

DustinE
05-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I just recieved a smt 5600 under warranty from my mpx220's screen busting. I absolutely love this phone compared to the 220, its better imho at everything. Anyways i got home from work to find a box on my front door, its a bluetooth headset..... :P. I guess because i had the mpx220 right? I did call cingular and ask if i should get one for having the phone, they knew nothing about the deal. I hung up and said forget about it, after reading all the post about people waiting and waiting to recieve theres i figured i was hopeless. Didnt think they would send me one but im not complaining. :D

Anyways, so my new phone is charged and my headset also.... I followed the directions given in the manual for the headset. I put the phone on discoverable and no search or nothing comes up?!?!? Thats as far as i got. Its either not finding it or not searching.

I have searched before posting, but couldnt find much on my situation. Someone help fast, im anxious to try this thing out. :wink:

Jerry Raia
05-17-2005, 07:15 AM
Putting the phone in discovery mode alone is not enough. In the Bluetooth section of settings go to Menu...Devices..Menu...New...that will start a search while the HS810 is in discovery mode you should find it.

Sven Johannsen
05-17-2005, 03:34 PM
You normally don't need to but the phone in discoverable mode. That's if you want something else to find it. You need to put the headset in discoverable, or pairing mode, and then search for a new device from the phone, with BT on of course.

DustinE
05-17-2005, 06:12 PM
I am an idiot guys, i got so happy about the headset i totally forgot about add new device menu :? Everything seems to be working fine, i got it all ligned out last night. Thanks anyways :wink:

Sven Johannsen
05-17-2005, 09:55 PM
I am an idiot guys, i got so happy about the headset i totally forgot about add new device menu :?

You're not an idiot. The freakin manual for the thing is 211 pages. There's a lot of options to try to remember, much less just know about them because they are intuitive 8O

Jerry Raia
05-18-2005, 04:27 AM
Besides that getting BT to do anything is almost always a miracle even when you do everything just right. :lol: