05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Who'd a thought they could screw that up? 8O

well

they did

SO Don't get it.

I just requested to send it in for a refund. :evil:

Mike Temporale
05-03-2005, 07:41 PM
huh? ! What did they get wrong? I heard the early ones didn't sync very well, but I thought it was all resolved. What problems are you having?

xultar
05-04-2005, 06:23 PM
It sychronized maybe 3 or 4 times. Now it only charges.
I would have never thought that they could get this one wrong. 8O
It doesn't wake up MS Active Sync to sync. :evil:

Mike Temporale
05-04-2005, 06:33 PM
You know, I've been having a lot of problems with AS as of late. I can't get the sync to kick off over Bluetooth or when I plugin a Sync cable. I was about to delete the last application I installed (SOTI) to see if that fixed the problem, when it finally started working again.

If it fails again, I'll be uninstalling that app.

xultar
05-05-2005, 03:39 AM
I can sync just fine without the Boxwave cable...using other cables, and bluetooth. It's the cable. They sent me an email saying to return it cuz it didn't work.

jU1ceBoXx
05-07-2005, 02:35 AM
I can sync just fine without the Boxwave cable...using other cables, and bluetooth. It's the cable. They sent me an email saying to return it cuz it didn't work.

Hi

I recently purchased the boxwave miniSync cable and the BoxWave FlexiSkin case. I have not had any problem whatsoever with either one.

I love the compact retractable cord on the miniSync charging/synchronizing cable. I'm sorry you are having problems with yours but perhaps they are right and you unfortunately received a defective cable.....

xultar
05-07-2005, 10:19 PM
That's what i'm thinking. I'm going to try to exchange it.

ctmagnus
07-27-2005, 02:59 AM
I ordered a two-pack of these and received it a while ago. I received my SMT5600 today. I opened up one of the cables with my fingers crossed (I had read this thread earlier in the day), plugged it in and no ActiveSync 8O . I figured I'd try the other one later, use the Audiovox cable for the time being and contact Boxwave about a replacement sometime in the near future. So I'm putting the "defective" cable back in the packaging and I notice that there's a little white sticker on the cardboard insert that says Charge. I look at the other cable and its cardboard insert has a sticker that says Sync. I try that one and I can sync with it. The only apparent difference between the two is the little white sticker on each package. The units are visually identical otherwise, down to the packaging without the stickers.

Sven Johannsen
07-27-2005, 05:00 AM
So you got sync & charge cables, but that requires two?

ctmagnus
07-27-2005, 06:26 AM
The one (labeled Sync) syncs and charges. afaict, the other (labeled Charge) only charges. I don't know if the latter is a defective sync and charge cable or if it's designed exclusively to charge only. I have yet to connect it to another PC to test its ActiveSync capabilities.

Mike Temporale
07-27-2005, 10:51 AM
It sounds like they sent you the wrong cable. You should give them a call, I'm sure they'll send you out the right one.

ctmagnus
07-27-2005, 07:42 PM
I just hit their website and found this:

...the new 2-pack miniSync bundle includes one miniSync for simultaneously synchronizing and charging your Audiovox SMT5600 with the computer and another minisync for charging your Audiovox SMT5600 with all chargers...

I should've read the fine print first. :oops:

Still, it would've been nice if they could've visually differentiated the two in some way. As it is, I'll be looking for a silver Sharpie soon.

Mike Temporale
07-27-2005, 11:26 PM
Opps! Well that's just silly. Why would you want a charge only cable when you can have one that does both?

ctmagnus
07-28-2005, 12:09 AM
That's what I was wondering. But I guess this way, I can leave the charge-only cable in the Jimmy or living room or gear bag or whatever and not have to worry about forgetting it back at the PC when I really need a charge away from home. But still, I would think that the cost difference between manufacturing a sync and charge cable and a charge-only cable would be insignificant enough that it would cost the manufacturer more to keep the equipment to manufacturer the charge-only cable, than to go to a straight sync and charge manufacturing facility. (or something like that. I blew my mind re-reading that 8O , sorry if the same happens to you.)

Unless they're just trying to get rid of old stock ;)