View Full Version : Is it possible to get a repeating alert for missed calls... SMT 5600?

MTDude
04-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Is there a way to get my SMT 5600 to repeat an audible or vibrate alert when I have missed a call? I have missed a few calls while down the hall at the office and didn't notice until hours later that someone had called.

I find the visual message insufficient.

Perhaps there is a program that does this?

Thanks!

Mike Temporale
04-28-2005, 05:54 PM
There is a program for this. It's called SMS Notify (http://www.smartphone.net/smartphonethoughts/software_detail.asp?id=978) :D

MTDude
04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks Mike,

My one question is this... The program seems to only be for SMS notification, and not for phone calls. Did I miss someting on the product description page that mentions phone calls?

Mike Temporale
04-28-2005, 08:07 PM
The missed call notifier is actually a SMS message that is sent to your phone from the provider. It is my understanding that this is how it works with Voice mail. I could be wrong. You might want to download the trial version first. ;)

MTDude
04-28-2005, 09:03 PM
I'll give it a go this weekend.

Thanks!

MTDude
05-02-2005, 07:30 PM
No go. I couldn't get it to work for calls. I am going to e-mail the company that makes it to see if I am overlooking a setting.

Mike Temporale
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
No go. I couldn't get it to work for calls. I am going to e-mail the company that makes it to see if I am overlooking a setting.

Keep us posted on what they say. It was my understanding that it handled the missed call SMS. :?

MTDude
05-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, no go. Here is my e-mail and the reply.

Hi,

I found your product throught the SMARTPHONETHOUGHTS website. I
downloaded the trial version of SMS Notify and could not seem to get
it to work.

I thought that it would give me a repeating notification if I missed
a call, but I can't seem to get it to do that.

Am I overlooking something in the setup?

I have an SMT 5600 in the United States, using T-mobile.

Thanks for your time.

The repeating alert is only for SMS messages.
You can set it up so that if a contact sends a SMS message it will remind
you every X minutes.

It does not interface with voice calls at this stage.

Regards
SMSNotify Support

Oh, well. The quest goes on :? :cry:

Mike Temporale
05-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Sorry about that. I honestly thought it was part of the program. :? Erm, I don't know of anything else that might do the job.

MTDude
05-03-2005, 07:47 PM
With any luck they will incorporate this feature in future versions.

*keeps fingers crossed*

dmt
05-11-2005, 04:07 AM
I have a similar problem with notification of voicemail messages. I usually don't have a problem seeing that i've missed calls (no audible alert/notification however), but I'm never certain if they've left voicemail. am i overlooking any settings?

I noticed i'll get a text message if i get one new voicemail, but the notification isn't audible, it's not very visible, and doesn't update if i recieve any further voicemail messages.

rdecker
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
One of the reasons I got rid of the phone last fall (when I was on AT&T). If Audiovox had simply put some code in the phone to flash the LED that could have solved this. Instead you have to push the silly button to get the display to light up!!

I was hoping they would 'fix' that when the branded to Cingular...