View Full Version : HTC Typhoon or one of its derivatives

brutallyhonest
04-28-2005, 08:40 AM
The HTC Typhoon is the only phone to get, which by itself doesn't mean anything, so I'm referring to the Orange C500, Audiovox SMT5600, I-mate SP3i...etc There is no better phone and it blows away the MPX220. Is it just me or did seem like my MPX220 got about half the rated talk time as stated by Motorola, meanwhile my HTC Typhoon got about twice as long of talk time as stated by HTC???

Mike Temporale
04-28-2005, 10:36 AM
I still can't believe how long this phone can go without being charged. :mrgreen:

I can't wait to see what the next generation of HTC phones is like.

gai-jin
04-28-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm surprised each time I see people talking about the great battery life for this phone. I've got a smt 5600, and haven't been overly impressed by the battery life. I charge my phones every night anyway, but when I occasionally forget to charge it, I'm usually down to one bar of battery left by morning. So, 24 hours brings the battery down to one bar... not bad, I can live with it, but certainly not anything to brag about...

Mike Temporale
04-28-2005, 03:04 PM
So, 24 hours brings the battery down to one bar... not bad, I can live with it, but certainly not anything to brag about...

That's not normal. You should get a couple days easy. Do you have it set to check email automatically? if so, on what frequency? Are you running CellTracker? Chances are that some process is running and is requiring a lot of power.

gai-jin
04-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I do have bluetooth on all the time, so that might have something to do with it. I also have it set to check mail every 15 minutes. I had celltracker installed, but rarely used, just removed it yesterday.

Mike Temporale
04-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I have Bluetooth on all the time too, so I don't think that's the problem. Is yours set to Discoverable, or just On? Mine is just on.

Try changing the interval for checking email to an hour. I have mine set to hourly, and only 1 account. The other email accounts are set to manual update.

I have noticed that CellTracker seems to use a lot of power. :?