View Full Version : No Audible Reminder on MPx220

ZooKeeper
04-13-2005, 10:30 PM
For some reason whenever I have a calendar reminder pop up on my MPx220, the phone will not play an audible alert or vibrate (when set to do so). From time to time, when I flip open my phone to sync it, I'll have a list of reminders that the phone never actually reminded me about, waiting for me to snooze/dismiss...

For my normal profile, here are the options I have set:
Ring type: vibrate and ring
Ring volume: Loud
Alarm Type: vibrate and sound
Alarm volume: 4
Notification type: vibrate and sound
Notification volume: 4
System sound volume: 3

Any ideas as to what may have had caused this problem and how to fix it??

kennyg
04-14-2005, 03:13 PM
I've heard of that issue not in regards to the builtin Alarm/Notification, but in my commercial alarm application. But the odd thing is, it has been on only a few MPX220s, the vast majority work properly. What might be happening is that the OS doesn't get started up properly and the sound system isn't available and the sound just doesn't play, maybe there is a ROM upgrade available that might fix your problem?

Kenny.

ZooKeeper
04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I have the 1.3 ROM on the phone. When the phone is not set to silent, all usual sounds play, so it can't be a system sound problem...

weffner
04-14-2005, 04:25 PM
Go to settings, sounds make sure that Reminders are set for a sound and this should work.

ZooKeeper
04-14-2005, 05:51 PM
Go to settings, sounds make sure that Reminders are set for a sound and this should work.

That was my issue, how simple. Thanks a bunch! I now have another issue though, but I will make it into a different thread as it doesn't have anything to do with the sound on reminders...