View Full Version : Syncing a SDA and a PocketPC

lonesniper
04-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Hi. I am very close to purchasing a T-Mobile SDA phone and want to know if I can use Active Sync to sync both the new SDA phone and my iPaq2215 to the same computer without any problems.

Can Active Sync cope with more than one device and do a full sync and not just a guest sync?? I would like to have my PIM info synced to my phone and PDA. I did try searching the forum but could not find an answer to this question.

Thanks.
Colin

Mike Temporale
04-12-2005, 08:01 PM
ActiveSync can handle sync'ing both devices without any problems. I sync my iPAQ and my C500 on the same computer and I have never had any problems.

But keep in mind that you will not be able to sync both devices at the same time. ActiveSync is a one-at-a-time tool. :D

lonesniper
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the super fast response Mike. I am glad to hear that it is possible to sync two devices. And I am sure we will have to wait for Active Sync 20.0 before 'mulitple device dual syncing' is offered, or what ever it would be called.

Sven Johannsen
04-13-2005, 02:35 AM
Note that of normal apps, Inbox and Money will only sync with one partner. There may be other odd pieces of software that have such limitations. All the normal AS options will sync fine with multiple PPCs, not just two.

Mike Temporale
04-13-2005, 02:40 AM
I can't speak for Money, but my inbox sync's fine with both my Smartphone and my Pocket PC. Although, I don't really use it on my Smartphone, since I have it automatically check for mail every hour. :)