View Full Version : Flight Attendants Come Out Against Lifting Inflight Cellphone Ban

Jerry Raia
04-08-2005, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000160039150/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000160039150/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The FCC’s already gotten flamed by travelers who apparently aren’t happy about this either, and we may have gained a very significant ally in the form of the Association of Flight Attendants, which is rallying its members against allowing cellphones during flights (they’re worried about people talking on their phones instead of paying attention to safety instructions)."</i><br /><br />Personally I don't think too many people are watching the safety demo anyway. The Flight Attendants might be more worried about people complaining about others yacking away on their phones though and having to deal with that. This issue just won't go away. I wish the airlines would just focus on Internet access on flights and forget this cellphone nonsense. Think of the fun when you get to listen to 50 people trying to use Skype in the plane. :lol:

Jason Dunn
04-08-2005, 06:24 PM
I'd actually really hate it if people were yammering on their cell phones during a flight. :?

rzanology
04-08-2005, 07:00 PM
can you imagine hearing "YOU'VE GOT MAIL!" 20 times in 2 minutes as some kid next to you enjoys himself in a aol chatroom????

Santa Fe
04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
This passenger would hate to have the ban lifted unless there was a seperate section just for the rude and clueless cell phone users.

runbuh
04-09-2005, 04:25 AM
I think the flight attendants have a legitimate concern. How many rude cell phone users are also the type that would be ignoring warnings coming from the flight attendants just because they were talking on the phone? "Gee, sir, I'm sorry you broke your neck when we hit that turbulence back there. If you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that we turned on the "Fasten Seat Belts" sign, and asked everyone to return to their seats a few minutes ago.

Of course, he would probably sue (and win) saying that the flight attendants should have done more to protect him from harm.

Sorry - just grouchy tonight.

Jerry Raia
04-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Using that reasoning though would mean you couldn't watch the movies or listen to a Walkman or even sleep because you wouldn't be paying attention.

Sven Johannsen
04-10-2005, 06:10 AM
YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP. I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE ALL THESE IDIOTS THINK YOU NEED TO YELL INTO A CELL PHONE TO BE HEARD.

Mike Temporale
04-10-2005, 11:38 AM
YOU'LL HAVE TO SPEAK UP. I CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE ALL THESE IDIOTS THINK YOU NEED TO YELL INTO A CELL PHONE TO BE HEARD.

:rotfl: