View Full Version : Church to Sell Ringtones to Help Raise Funds

Mike Temporale
03-29-2005, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1336351.html?menu=news.quirkies' target='_blank'>http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1336351.html?menu=news.quirkies</a><br /><br /></div><i>"A German church has taken to selling Christian ring tones to fund the restoration of its organ. St Petri church in Hamburg has set up its own website at <a href="www.petriklingel.de">www.petriklingel.de</a> to sell the ringtones. For the equivalent of about £1.40p, worshippers can download one of five hymn tunes. Church musician Thomas Dahl says he is confident the church will succeed in the competiitive ringtone market. "We offer melodies that have been popular for centuries," he said. Worshippers at St Petri's need to raise nearly £150,000 for the restoration of their church organ."</i><br /><br />I hope they don't make the DRM on these ringtones too restrictive. :wink: :lol:

Jerry Raia
03-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I must be in the minority here. I just don't get this whole ringtone mania. I have a couple on my phones. The same ones I have had for years. How many ringtones does one need?? :roll:

Kris Kumar
03-30-2005, 04:47 AM
I must be in the minority here. I just don't get this whole ringtone mania. I have a couple on my phones. The same ones I have had for years. How many ringtones does one need?? :roll:

The minority just grew a little bigger. What is with this ringtone mania? :roll:

Mark Larson
03-30-2005, 08:38 AM
I love ringtones! I've probably violated some TOS here and there, but i just use mp3 ringtones which are easier to find and make than MIDI ones. Its really nice to have the song play instead of some crap MIDI rendition of it. Although sometimes its easy to forget its your phone ringing because it sounds so little like one :oops:

Mike Temporale
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Although sometimes its easy to forget its your phone ringing because it sounds so little like one :oops:

That's why I go with the Ring Ring type ringtone. :wink: :lol: