View Full Version : Cingular and Verizon now Allowing Photo Swapping

Mike Temporale
03-17-2005, 10:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.com.com/U.S.+cell+phone+firms+allow+cross-carrier+photo+swaps/2100-1037_3-5619293.html?tag=cd.top' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/U.S.+cell+phone+firms+allow+cross-carrier+photo+swaps/2100-1037_3-5619293.html?tag=cd.top</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The top two U.S. cell phone carriers have become the first to let their subscribers swap photo mails and other mixed-media messages with each other's customers. The agreement between No. 1 cell phone company Cingular Wireless and No. 2 operator Verizon Wireless was quietly put into place sometime during the last few weeks. Together the carriers account for 93 million of the 180 million U.S. cell phone subscribers, and it's likely the arrangement will spur other top U.S. operators to reach similar pacts. In the four years since Sprint introduced the first camera phones in the United States and other top carriers introduced copycat services, cell phone operators have limited photo mail swaps to transactions between their own subscribers. But now those barriers are dropping, erasing a major hurdle and, some executive believe, starting a surge in cell phone photo mailing and other use."</i><br /><br />To be honest, I didn't realize this wasn't already possible. :oops:

encece
03-18-2005, 01:36 AM
NICE! I've been waiting for this. Most of my friends and family are NON Smartphone users on Verizon's Network. It's nice to finally be able to send MMS to eachother. Long time coming if you ask me! :D

Mike Temporale
03-18-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey encece, is your avatar supposed to be the failed to load image? or is there something really wrong?

encece
03-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Ha! No for some reason, my entire SPT account was wiped away from the server. I contacted Jason and he had it fixed. But my avatar was gone. I guess it didnt know where to point to anymore. I need to upload a new one.
EDIT: FIXED! Thanks for reminding me. :D

Mike Temporale
03-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Ha! No for some reason, my entire SPT account was wiped away from the server. I contacted Jason and he had it fixed. But my avatar was gone. I guess it didnt know where to point to anymore. I need to upload a new one.
EDIT: FIXED! Thanks for reminding me. :D

8O Eek! Glad everything is fixed now. 8)

Jerry Raia
03-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Having both carriers I tried this. It works!! :)

Janak Parekh
03-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Now, if only my Smartphone had MMS... or a camera, for that matter. :( I'm looking forward to the i645 or whatever it's called.

--janak

Mike Temporale
03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm looking forward to the i645 or whatever it's called.

That could be a lot of looking. Last I heard, it was pushed back to Q3. :?