View Full Version : The more I know... the more I like

jimfee
02-23-2005, 11:23 PM
Ok, Genius me just figures out that you can add more Apps to the list of voice launched features on the MPX220, so stuff like calculator, call history, Voice recorder, can all be launched by voice.

This is not a new feature for cell phones, I can remember some of the old heads in the industry describing a switch-based voice dial application that provided the same functionality back in the early TDMA days, but it still seems space age to tell the computer/phone what to do and people look at you like 8O

After returning the phone to Best Buy twice to get the 1.3 Rev FW I am now really, really into this phone.

I used the $25 gift card and 20% off to but an HS810 headset and cant believe the usability that it gives me. I am constantly on the road. I finally got my $300 rebate check so all told the Phone and Headset cost $85 and tax, it was worth getting up at 3Am on Black Friday
:D

I added a Dlink BT-120 adapter to my computer and have been Active Sync-ing wirelessly, this thing Rocks!! I cant believe how lazy I can be when hooking up a USB cable is too much trouble- but yes I have achieved a higher state of inactivity and I refuse to go back. Now that I can voice launch it, I wont even push the 5 buttons it takes to drill down the menu to active Sync (Active Sync is never on my recent apps icons bar).

I'm saving the pennies and dimes for a GPS receiver, Bluetooth ads some really great interface options (read to much candy to buy all at once)

Thanks Smartphonethoughts now I can say in the immortal words of Homer Simpson

"I am Smart S-M-R-T, oh I mean S-M-A-R-T"

:wink:

Jason Dunn
02-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Ah, it's always nice to read success stories - congrats! :D

Mike Temporale
02-24-2005, 02:54 AM
That's great. The MPx220 had a rocky start, but it looks like things are really starting to come together for this phone. 8)

Jerry Raia
02-24-2005, 09:21 AM
Ah, it's always nice to read success stories - congrats! :D

Yeah especially with this phone! :)