View Full Version : Cingular & Audiovox SMT 5600

breyburne
02-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Any word yet if this Smartphone is available from Cingular? I saw a link for letstalk.com where can purchase for $199.00. Not sure how that works or for which carrier? I would appreciate it if you can clear that up.

Brgds,

Brad :D

Cattle-Dog
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
The last I heard (read) anything, was a PR statement released by Microsoft and Cingular (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jan05/01-05CingularDevicesPR.asp) back in early January. It's been crickets chirping otherwise, as far as I know.

The only SMT5600 I see on letstalk.com is for ATT. You can get it for about $199 cheaper from Amazon.com. :wink: There is usually a link on the main page here, on the right hand side. You may have to refresh a few times, as the deals rotate.

I have one from ATT and I am very happy with it, but of course you cannot use Cingular wireless plans. You can use the Cingular networks, as I do 90% of the time where I live. Some people have paid to have them unlocked and move them over to Cingular. The only caveat is, voicemail notification does not parse correctly and you get the raw (read ugly) SMS message instead of the notification. As far as I know, no one has figured this out yet.

Jerry Raia
02-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I think it will happen. I just don't when. :?