View Full Version : New Bluetooth Keyboard Driver By Think Outside Expected

marlof
02-10-2005, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050209005799&newsLang=en' target='_blank'>http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20050209005799&newsLang=en</a><br /><br /></div>Think Outside has released new drivers for Palm and Pocket PC devices for their great foldable Bluetooth keyboard. But Smartphone users shouldn't despair, since a new Smartphone driver is expected in beta as well. <i>"Think Outside Inc. will be releasing a beta version of its new driver for Windows Mobile Smartphone within the next 30 days. This new driver will support the most popular Smartphone devices including the Motorola MPX220, i-mate SP3 and SP3i, Audiovox 5600, o2 XphoneII, DoPod 565 and Qtek 8010. The driver will also work with its installed base of Bluetooth keyboards."</i>

Jerry Raia
02-11-2005, 01:34 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if this will work with the Cingular MPx220. Isn't it missing the BT service necessary for a keyboard?

mboone
02-11-2005, 01:50 AM
I wouldn't get too excited, I had mailed them last fall asking for a Smartphone driver and they assured me that one would be released by the end of 2004. I mailed them again in the first of January and was told it would be about two weeks.

Mike B.

Jerry Raia
02-11-2005, 02:19 AM
Perhaps then I don't need to worry too much about my question. :lol!:

sojourner753
02-11-2005, 04:14 AM
I wouldn't get too excited, I had mailed them last fall asking for a Smartphone driver and they assured me that one would be released by the end of 2004. I mailed them again in the first of January and was told it would be about two weeks.

Mike B.

In true ThinkOutside fashion. I got the same treatment when I pre-ordered the BT keyboard :roll:

rene
02-11-2005, 06:30 AM
You should all actually believe ThinkOutside regarding their driver release date. I have been testing the Alpha version for weeks now with my unlocked Audiovox and truly the combination of T-Mobile unlimited GPRS, Audiovox SMT 5600, 4SmartPhone Pro Service, Jabra BT 250T and ... the ThinkOutside BT keyboard gives an entirely new definition to "mobile office", believe me !!!

I had no problem with the driver so far, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release it within 30 days :wink:

Jerry Raia
02-11-2005, 06:43 AM
If they deliver, we will be all over it. If they don't we will be all over it too. :lol:

kagayaki1
02-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Is there an application out there for composing documents? I don't need a ton of formating for other advanced features, but just something that will save in TXT or DOC.

ClearVue is cool, but it only reads...

Jerry Raia
02-11-2005, 06:11 PM
Is there an application out there for composing documents? I don't need a ton of formating for other advanced features, but just something that will save in TXT or DOC.

ClearVue is cool, but it only reads...

It's really simple but take a look at Orneta Notepad (http://www.orneta.com) It's free now as is all of their software.

Spatulator
02-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Any word on when the new thinkoutside driver will be released? I want to get a BT keyboard for my smt5600. I love the thinkoutside keyboard's design but there is no mention on their website that the drivers are coming soon or anything. There is another brand that does have compatible drivers but the design looks clunky next to the thinkoutside keyboard.

Mike Temporale
02-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Any word on when the new thinkoutside driver will be released? I want to get a BT keyboard for my smt5600. I love the thinkoutside keyboard's design but there is no mention on their website that the drivers are coming soon or anything. There is another brand that does have compatible drivers but the design looks clunky next to the thinkoutside keyboard.

"Think Outside Inc. will be releasing a beta version of its new driver for Windows Mobile Smartphone within the next 30 days.

:wink:

Spatulator
02-14-2005, 08:50 PM
Yeah I read that, I think its strange that there is no mention of upcoming Windows mobile drivers on the thinkoutside website though.