View Full Version : Cardo Scala 500 paring with SMT 5600

cdcooker
02-10-2005, 05:53 PM
Anyone here use this BT headset with the 5600? Any opinion? Size and price of this headset is pretty attractive.

Thanks

ebelen1
02-13-2005, 01:39 AM
Anyone here use this BT headset with the 5600? Any opinion? Size and price of this headset is pretty attractive.

Thanks

Just got mine two days ago and it's been great so far. It's my first bluetooth accessory so I can't compare it to others. For less than $40, it can't be beat...

cdcooker
02-21-2005, 04:19 AM
I have been using the Cardo Scala 500 for 5 days, and so far it is meeting my expectation. I don't have any other bluetooth headset experience before, so I can't use it to do any kind of comparison. However, for less than $40, it is really a good price with good voice quality. Set up is a breeze, as long as you read the manual. It comes with a lot of accessories too.

abarry
02-22-2005, 04:15 PM
[/quote]Just got mine two days ago and it's been great so far. It's my first bluetooth accessory so I can't compare it to others. For less than $40, it can't be beat...[/quote]

Where did you get it for $40?

I use the Moto 810, and the best thing I like about it is that the BTHS can be turned off/on by closing/opening the boom. Any comparison to voice quality with the 810?

Thanks.

greghaz
02-25-2005, 08:30 AM
The Cardo Scala 500 ROCKS with my 5600!

BadRap
02-27-2005, 05:52 PM
I also have recently purchased the Cardo. It doesn what it is supposed to do. I have a few questions about it though.

Once i have it paired and I can see the little headset icon at the top and someone calls me, how can I answer the phone without using the headset? On my old SE T610, when someone called, a message would come on the screen.."Would you like to answer this call on the headset; YES or NO" or something similiar. Pushing yes would allow me to bypass using the headset for that call. Pushing no would allow me to use the headset.

Any suggestions?
TIA

ebelen1
03-12-2005, 06:22 AM
I also have recently purchased the Cardo. It doesn what it is supposed to do. I have a few questions about it though.

Once i have it paired and I can see the little headset icon at the top and someone calls me, how can I answer the phone without using the headset? On my old SE T610, when someone called, a message would come on the screen.."Would you like to answer this call on the headset; YES or NO" or something similiar. Pushing yes would allow me to bypass using the headset for that call. Pushing no would allow me to use the headset.

Any suggestions?
TIA

I have a 5600 and I just use the "accept" button on the phone if I don't want to answer with the Cardo Scala. Otherwise, I answer the phone from the Cardo Scala.

ebelen1
03-12-2005, 06:23 AM
Just got mine two days ago and it's been great so far. It's my first bluetooth accessory so I can't compare it to others. For less than $40, it can't be beat...[/quote]

Where did you get it for $40?

At Macmall.com. It was also on sale at ecost.com for around $33.

I use the Moto 810, and the best thing I like about it is that the BTHS can be turned off/on by closing/opening the boom. Any comparison to voice quality with the 810?

Thanks.[/quote]